Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Premium Individual to Family upgrade?

Premium Individual to Family upgrade?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hello, we have one sibling in the family with a Premium Individual account. Now someone else would also like a premium account. What would be the best thing to do? Just purchase another Prem Individual, or is there any option to get a Family premium that could bring the existing one and new user together under my control for payment purposes?  Thanks

3 Replies

Hey @simonjbreda ,

Thanks for reaching out.

In your case, it might be best to start a Family plan. 🙂

Premium Family is a discount plan for up to 6 family members who live together. Each person on the plan uses their own account, so no one shares a password and everyone keeps their own saved music and playlists.

The person who wants to manage the plan signs up. They can use their existing account or create a new one.

Starting a plan means only you can:

• Handle payments
  • Set the address
  • Invite and remove members
  • Control explicit music filtering
  • Create Kids accounts

You can start a Family plan here.

Note: If you already have Premium with a partner company (e.g your phone or internet provider), you first need to cancel with them and wait for your current Premium to end.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello, thanks for the reply. My main concern is whether the existing account can be ‘converted’ or whatever to become part of the family plan? If not then presumably we’d then be paying 1 x 9.99 per month plus 1 x 14.99 for the family account?

Hey there @simonjbreda,

Thank you for your reply.

When you accept the invitation you are added to the Premium for Family plan immediately. You are no longer charged for your account. However, any remaining time of Premium Individual will not remain if you leave Premium Individual for Premium Family.

Note: If you already have Premium with a partner (e.g your phone or internet provider), you first need to cancel with them and wait for your current Premium to end.

We hope this information was helpful.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away. We're happy to help 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts