Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Premium

Premium

i tried to sign up for the student subscription but it did not recognize my student id and said that i could not get it yet i was charged 4.99 on my account and still do not have premium

1 Reply

Hello @taylor4816. Foremost, if your method of payment shows a charge but you never completed the transaction, and you do not have premium features, then you are most likely seeing a pre-authorization charge. The short version is that these are holds on your account to ensure that it does, and will contain enough funds to cover the transaction when Spotify actually claims the funds. If the transaction was never completed then the hold should be dropped within a few business days and no funds actually taken from your account. If you're interested in a more complete explanation then the Wikipedia article linked above should suffice. If the charge ultimately does not get dropped and you still do not have access to premium, then please reach out to me and I'll help get it sorted.

Second, as far as your student subscription goes,  you can attempt again with manual verification from this page. 90% of the time the automatic verification process works without a hitch, but sometimes a more human touch is required. I would recommend waiting, however, for the pre-authorization to clear before proceeding, just to be sure you haven't actually been charged.

Again, please don't hesitate to let me know if the charge doesn't clear, or if you need help with anything else. Cheers!

Suggested posts