NEXT STEP

Problem: Unable to log in.

Solved!

1/24/19

Plan: Free

Platform: iOS9 & Mac OSX 10.9x

When I launched Spotify again it wanted my login credentials. I know what they are. Problem is, the program will not accept them. Not on iOS or any of my Macs. So I know the issues is NOT with my platform, it is with Spotify. To further complicate matters, my original account was set up on a LONG gone work computer in 2011 from a business that does not exist. So while I can ask for a password reset, the reset message goes to that long lost account. Can anyone suggest a way to regain/transfer my original account? Or how to reach a live body at Spotify? The help suggestions just run me in circles. Many thanks in advance!!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

My login and password problem was solved. Here's how: I got the usual "canned" response when I contacted Spotify's tech support which got me no where. But I read here in this forum to respond to the "canned" message and ask for personal help. Sure enough, I got an actual human to write back. It turns out that Spotify noticed "suspicious" activity with my account (non-specified). So, without telling me they disabled my password. They expected me to go through their "change password" routine—again without explicitly telling me to do so and WHY! Problem was, that that old e-mail address was long dead so I COULD NOT change my password that way. They finally reactivated my account after making me answer the security questions I had set up and asking me to list 3 of my playlists in my account. Luckily, I had my security questions/answers saved in an e-mail and I know my playlist pretty well. Lesson: ALWAYS write down your login and password _someplace_. Same with your security answers and know your playlists. My account was almost hosed due to NO FAULT OF MY OWN!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @housetop, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Are you trying to login through the app or through the website?

If you're logging in through the app, please do a clean reinstall of the app. If you're logging in through the website, please send me a screenshot of the error message being shown.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

My login and password problem was solved. Here's how: I got the usual "canned" response when I contacted Spotify's tech support which got me no where. But I read here in this forum to respond to the "canned" message and ask for personal help. Sure enough, I got an actual human to write back. It turns out that Spotify noticed "suspicious" activity with my account (non-specified). So, without telling me they disabled my password. They expected me to go through their "change password" routine—again without explicitly telling me to do so and WHY! Problem was, that that old e-mail address was long dead so I COULD NOT change my password that way. They finally reactivated my account after making me answer the security questions I had set up and asking me to list 3 of my playlists in my account. Luckily, I had my security questions/answers saved in an e-mail and I know my playlist pretty well. Lesson: ALWAYS write down your login and password _someplace_. Same with your security answers and know your playlists. My account was almost hosed due to NO FAULT OF MY OWN!

Hey @Chuckaroo.

I'm glad to hear that your issue has been solved. If you need help with anything else, you can always start up a new thread and the community will be happy to help.

@housetop.

Do you still need help? Let me know how things are coming along when you get a chance. Thanks!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts