Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem in connecting to facebook account

Problem in connecting to facebook account

When I firstly registered on spotify I used my email and recieved a username as my name (I assume it was taken from the mail).

After a while my username changed itself to a string of letters and numbers and now I'm unable to change it.

On the support site it is suggested to connect to facebook and then the software will automatically update my username to be my name on facebook.

I did that and yet it didn't changed.

Moreover, the application claims to be connected to the facebook while it didn't actually connect (it doesn't appear to be connected, neither my name on facebook nor my profile picture appear on my spotify account).

I tried logging out, reinstalling and restarting the app both on phone and PC and yet it doesn't change.

What should I do? Where could be the problem?

2 Replies

Hey there @M0naG

thanks for reaching out !

In order to make sure the two are connected properly, please visit this help page for further info.

In addition, visiting your account overview page at Spotify.com and turning on the "Process my Facebook data" might do the trick as well.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I'm having a similar issue and there is no "Social" section in the iOS app, on the Mac app, or on the website to link Facebook for me.

Suggested posts