Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Iphone X

Operating System

iOS 10 and Windows 10 Pro X64

My Question or Issue

My problem happens both on IPHONE and WINDOWS PROGRAM. 

Every time I close the APP/Program and open again, it says EMAIL or LOGIN are incorrect, then I need to put the email / login and password, and press JOIN, than it works.

I do not know why, but this is happening in the last 3 months. So, every day, I need to put the Login / Email and Password a couple of times and this is getting me mad.

What I already tried:
- Use the Login and Password

- Use the Email and Password.

What happened:

- Spotify started normally, but when I close the app/program and wait for a few minutes, it says the same thing (login/email are incorrect).

What should I do?

3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also recommend using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices options, probably resetting your account's password too, from your Spotify account page 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hey! First of all, thanks for the reply. The problem still.

I tried all the steps that you recommend:
- change password
- sign out of all the devices.

The Samsung QLED software is the newest: 1290.
The Spotify version I cannot see, since I cannot open it (as I said in the topic message).

Everything is update.

Thanks!

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Just jumping in to add something to the suggestions 🙂

You mentioned you already tried reinstalling Spotify to see whether this issue is gone as a result. But have you also tried a clean reinstall? It'd be great as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify.

Take a look at this Spotify answer to find out how this works and start with a brand-new version of the app.

After performing the procedure, it'd be also great to restart your phone. These steps will help you make sure that your device is synced with all contents on the Spotify servers.  

Hope you'll find this useful. Keep us posted!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts