Free

Country

United States

Device

Dell Inspiron 5567

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello! I'm not really sure if anyone can help me with this or not, but I might as well give it a shot.

I created my Spotify account in 2011, and at that time, you were allowed to use special symbols in your username. I created my account with the username "...?!" (as shown in the attachment).

I've never had trouble logging in or viewing my own profile, but recently, I noticed that my profile wasn't loading correctly for others. When navigating to my profile on open.spotify.com through external sources (such as Discord, or the Share option in the app), it only loads a blank page. (The exact link: https://open.spotify.com/user/...%3F!) I also cannot manually search for it in the app, but I'm aware the search function doesn't normally support symbols.

I guess my question is: is there an option to change usernames in extreme situations like this, where it causes people to be unable to view my profile at all-- both in-app or in-browser? Or perhaps, are there any other types of profile links I could share without special symbols (such as my username itself) in them? I feel like this might be more of a question for the actual Spotify developers, but... 😛

Thanks for any help you can give!

spotify1.PNG
1 Reply

Hi there @slowbro-,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

In order to get a better angle on this, i would like to ask for some screenshots.

Please open your account on devices you are able to view it and share any pictures you can provide.

This way, it'll be easier to view and provide you with the right steps.

In addition, please provide your username here (not a link) for me to search it manually across platforms.

Waiting on your update 🙂

Suggested posts