NEXT STEP

Profile showing randomized username instead of Facebook details

Solved!

Profile showing randomized username instead of Facebook details

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @userdean.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

If this didn't help, log in on your Facebook profile and make sure that you have granted Spotify access to your personal information.

Should work. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Same here. Dunno why. I disconnected Spotify from FB Apps, logged in with FB again, but still randomized charakters. This happens with the Spotify Windows software and Android app. Log-in at Spotify webpage shows my correct FB username and details.

Marked as solution

Hey @userdean.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

If this didn't help, log in on your Facebook profile and make sure that you have granted Spotify access to your personal information.

Should work. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Thanks for your reply. Since I made the recommended steps (deaktivate,  aktivate FB und Spotify access), I did not change anything. 12 hours ago Spotify still gave me the "random name"  ... now I started Spotify on my desktop and my FB name was displayed. Same with the Android app. So the processing takes some time at the Spotify servers.

What still is curious: Why did all that that happen? I made no changes and my FB name disappeared. And, looking at this forum, I'm not the only one.

Hey @userdean.

Thanks for getting back to us!

It's up to you what you allow Spotify to use from your Facebook profile. In your Facebook settings you can specify per app to what personal information it may have access. If Spotify is not allowed to use your personal information, it will display an automatically generated username, instead of your real name.

Hope this clarifies some things. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts