Premium

Country 

US

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 12.4

My Question or Issue

I have an another account, [snip - Community Moderator edit], and I have been wanting to cancel premium subscription but I forgot what email I used for this account, so I can't even use "forget password", when I checked the settings for the [snip - Community Moderator edit] account, I saw the username with a bunch of letters and numbers, and I don't remember making my username like this.

[snip - Community Moderator edit]

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @noovified,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Usernames are automatically generated and are usually a string of random numbers and letters. This would explain why you're seeing this username in the app.

Keep in mind that when signing up, you'll be prompted to enter your displayed name in the app, which is how users can find you.

You don't need to remember this username in order to log in your account, you can just sign in using the email address your account was registered with.

However, since you mention that you're not sure of the email address your Spotify account was registered with, we'd recommend trying the following:

• Enter any email addresses you use into our password reset form. You can then check your email inboxes, including any spam or junk folders, for emails from Spotify. You can then use the email address you've received the password reset email to log in. If you aren't sure of the password, continue to reset the account’s password, then use that email address and the new password to log in.
  • Since you mention you're on Premium, look on your email inboxes for any receipts from us. Once you locate it, you can use that email address to access again your account.
  • If you’ve used Spotify on desktop or Android, you can find your username with information stored on your device.

On another note, we've removed your screenshot and display name from your original post since they're private info 🙂

Let us know how you get on! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you still need help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @noovified,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Usernames are automatically generated and are usually a string of random numbers and letters. This would explain why you're seeing this username in the app.

Keep in mind that when signing up, you'll be prompted to enter your displayed name in the app, which is how users can find you.

You don't need to remember this username in order to log in your account, you can just sign in using the email address your account was registered with.

However, since you mention that you're not sure of the email address your Spotify account was registered with, we'd recommend trying the following:

• Enter any email addresses you use into our password reset form. You can then check your email inboxes, including any spam or junk folders, for emails from Spotify. You can then use the email address you've received the password reset email to log in. If you aren't sure of the password, continue to reset the account’s password, then use that email address and the new password to log in.
  • Since you mention you're on Premium, look on your email inboxes for any receipts from us. Once you locate it, you can use that email address to access again your account.
  • If you’ve used Spotify on desktop or Android, you can find your username with information stored on your device.

On another note, we've removed your screenshot and display name from your original post since they're private info 🙂

Let us know how you get on! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you still need help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts