Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random alphanumeric username

Solved!

Random alphanumeric username

Hi all,

I have been having the same persistent issue for the last few weeks with my Premium account. I originally made my account through facebook (big regret) and it has always caused me issues with signing into my account and following other users. Now, my username shows up as '21bazf7p26s2jp33n4lhgbodq' and my photo is missing. Any suggestions on how to fix my username and profile photo?

Plan 

Premium

Country

UK

Device

All devices, web, desktop, mobile

Screenshot_2.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

I recommend you to confirm if the option "Facebook Processing Data" is enabled here: https://www.spotify.com/account/privacy/

Also, it can take a week or so to refresh your profile. 

Hope this helps 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @mrguy797!

It sounds like you might have opted out of sharing your data with Facebook. You can check this on your account page here. You should also make sure that on Facebook's end here, Spotify should be allowed to have access to personal data.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

He Mrguy797!

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to change your username in Spotify. When you create an account (the normal way), you do have the option to add a display name, but something may have happened when you linked yours with facebooth that made your username synonymous with your display name. 

I reccomend contacting Spotify support to create a new account for you and transfer your plan and playlists over to it. If you, like me, feel that we should be able to do this (as paying customers), please like this message, "accept as solution," and vote HERE!

Thank you!

Oburger04

Marked as solution

Hi there,

I recommend you to confirm if the option "Facebook Processing Data" is enabled here: https://www.spotify.com/account/privacy/

Also, it can take a week or so to refresh your profile. 

Hope this helps 🙂

Marked as solution

Hey @mrguy797!

It sounds like you might have opted out of sharing your data with Facebook. You can check this on your account page here. You should also make sure that on Facebook's end here, Spotify should be allowed to have access to personal data.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you all for the suggestions! After checking my settings and reauthorising it on facebooks side everything is working properly again.  

Suggested posts