Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random music is playing in another device suddenly

Random music is playing in another device suddenly

User: Reymon359

Plan: Free 

Device: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

Operating System macOS Catalina

My Question or Issue:

Music is displaying in a device that is not mine which is called Dormitorio ALE.

I contacted support twice about this issue and I have reset my soptify password, google password and facebook password twice or more. I have also disconnected sportify app from my facebook account. I have also logged out from every device.

Sometimes my account music starts playing in another device

In addition, the other person that is using my account listens to a lot of Frank Sinatra, and now all my playlist suggestions area bout him. I would like this to be deleted

In the last chat, I was assured that this won't happen again and it is happening again right now. I do not know what else to do and how to solve this issue. I do not want to stop listening to music suddenly and getting all my music preferences filled with music from another person (now Spotify is starting to suggest me Frank Sinatra music because this person listens to it)

Here are screenshots of the chats and the issue happening.

https://imgur.com/a/Qxv1hF9 

2 Replies

Hi there @reymon359,

thanks for reaching out about this !

Sorry to hear you're having an issue, however i'm sure we can find a way to overcome it together.

If you've already taken all the protection steps provided here with not avail, i recommend you consider creating a new account.

The new account will have you starting fresh.

In addition, you also don't need to fear for your accounts data, as you can check this page and learn how to transfer everything safely.

Let me know what you think 🙂

Hi there @OneByBoo

I read the link about creating a new account you sent me and I think that is not a proper solution. I would waste too much time going playlist by playlist song by song. 

In fact, I think this is not a solution, just a workaround, what if the problem keeps happening in my new account after all that time wasted.

I have learned that if you have a problem you have to solve it from the root. In this case, it should be the spotify support team to report the issue, find the reason it is happening and fixing it. Maybe other users are having the same issue.

Anyway thank you very much for your answer and trying to help me 😊

Suggested posts