Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random shuffle

Solved!

Random shuffle

Hi. My spotify decides to default to shuffle. Very frustrating if you're listening to an album. Is there any way to contact spotify directly? If not is there any way to turn shuffle OFF?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!

Here is a quick tutorial for disabling shuffle play on Spotify:

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_B9f4iK-IQAIR6u6.png

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

If you want to listen to music without shuffling on phones, you have to buy Premium. You don't have to use shuffle on desktop though, just uncheck this option:

shuffle.PNG

Not True! I have premium and I can, indeed, turn off shuffle for a sinlge album or playlist. But when I log off and on again, on my iPhone, SHUFFLE comes back by default! UGH!

Why can't there be easy to use "shuffle" and "play" buttons for each list or album? I just get a great big green "SHUFFLE" button at the top of each selection. I HATE THIS!

Better yet, in settings > playback, a choice for default shuffle or play? Give the user some choice, how about that?

Marked as solution

Hello!

Here is a quick tutorial for disabling shuffle play on Spotify:

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_B9f4iK-IQAIR6u6.png

Have a great day!

Thank you. It did work today, shuffle stayed off after logging off and on. Now, if only there was an easy way to toggle shuffle off and on. There is a big green button to turn shuffle on, but no easy way to turn it off - have to go to the bottom of screen, tap, then tap a tiny button to turn it off. Why not equal shuffle and play buttons? Why does Spotify seem to want you to shuffle by default by providing only a big shuffle button, and no choice for shuffle or play by default in settings?

Anyway, thanks for the help! I'll have to watch and see if shuffle re-appears by unwanted magic.

Turning off shuffle is easy.  But how do I change it so it doesn't default to shuffle?  I don't want to have to turn off shuffle every time I listen to an album .  

Hey @JokerDan700,

Thanks for reaching out tot he Community.

If shuffle is turned off in the Now Playing view, you can start playing a new album in order by clicking on the first track. You can find other useful info about the shuffle function in this Support Article.

Hope this is useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts