Premium

Country

US

Device

(iPhone 8, Macbook Pro 2018)

Operating System

(iOS 10, etc.)

My Question or Issue

My recently played artist is not loading or updating, it appears but will not update to the played artists I have a already listened to. I have read many other threads that this is an on going problem, I have disabled recent activity and show recently played artists and re-started the app along with reinstalling the app and enabling the recent activity and show recently played artists and it has not fixed the problem...  I have done all the "solutions" and not one has worked. I have also updated the app and im still having the same problem. Very frustrating, I have premium. 

will this be fixed?

3 Replies

Hey @anagy1.

Thanks for posting about this in the Community 🙂

This is an issue which we have reported to the right team, however we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix.

Make sure to head over to this thread and check back - we'll make sure to keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks! Take care 🙂

I've been having this issue and managed to fix it. Unfortunately I don't know what actually fixed it, but here's what I did (in order). It was most likely either 6 or 7, I'd suggest starting save time but I'm including 1 - 5 incase it's a combination of one of them with 6 and/or 7:

1) fiddling with the settings for a few days. Turning off the "share my listening activity" and "show my recently played artists" and "private session", listening to some albums, then turning it back on.

2) logged out of everything - my phone, tablet, desktop app and web browser.

3) uninstalled and reinstalled app on my desktop.

4) played music on all my devices. Phone, Kindle, web browsers (firefox and microsoft edge), desktop app

5) tried another free account on all these devices and Recently Played Artists started updating again. Confirming it probably wasn't the device.

- None of those things alone fixed it, so it's likely one of these 2:

6) I reset my password

7) I went to my account overview on the Spotify website, and on the left menu at the bottom of the list is a tab called "Apps" with a puzzle piece icon. It's all the Apps that I gave permission to access to my Spotify account.

- the app permissions I REMOVED were:

a) a 3rd party app called Swarm.fm that I used to use for more in depth new releases. I think it was this one because I removed it from my bookmark toolbar around the same time I started having issues. I don't know if that makes any sense, but it's one **bleep** of a coincidence if not.

b) Something about "allows the profile service to transcode images". I apoligize, I don't remember the actual name of it and I have no clue what it was.

- and the app permissions I KEPT were:

c) Spotify Advertising Cookie
d) Spotify Community
e) Spotify Mobile Web Player.

Voila, my Recently Played Artists began updating again. quicker Than before too (used to take up to 8 hours, now 10 minutes)

Hey there @verlin_benge,

Thanks for posting the solution that worked out for you!

We're happy to hear that it works now. It's also great to see that you're helping others 🙂 

Let us know if we can lend a helping hand with anything else!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts