Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 3
  • Rising Star 3
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • CeliMaga
  • Casual Listener
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs not showing up under artist

Plan: PremiumHong KongDevice: All devices My Question or issue: So this has been going on for a few weeks and it still hasn't been fixed. At first I thought that this was a bug which is why I never reached out, but it has gone on for several weeks no...

• Regular
  • Plan: Premium Hong Kong Device: All devices     My Question or issue:   So this has been going on for a few weeks and it still hasn't been fixed. At first I thought th...
  • tthowellxx
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No access to the connected mail account - SOS

Hey guys, I need your help. I just realized that my Spotify account is connected to a mail account I no longer have access to. I tried to connect it to my current mail account, however, I forgot my password because I usually log in using Facebook. Th...

• Visitor
  • Hey guys,   I need your help. I just realized that my Spotify account is connected to a mail account I no longer have access to. I tried to connect it to my current mail account, however, I fo...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Add person to family and keep playlists from her current Premium Account

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceAndroid/W7Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHow can I add a person to my family account and keep the playlists from her current Premium account?She has a regular Premium account...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Android/W7 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue How can I add a person to my family account and keep...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No playlist in the online version

Hello, I can log in both from desktop and online but online I cant see the playlist that I created in the desktop version. I use the same log-in details and I use Windows.Looking forward to your helpThank you

• Visitor
  • Hello, I can log in both from desktop and online but online I cant see the playlist that I created in the desktop version. I use the same log-in details and I use Windows. Looking forward to your he...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I’ve changed my country and my playlist gone, how can I recover it?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Facebook account already connected to another Spotify account

I went to my facebook settings, deleted spotify app and tried to connect through facebook again (to be able to find my friends) but i still get the same response.

• I went to my facebook settings, deleted spotify app and tried to connect through facebook again (to be able to find my friends) but i still get the same response.
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Accidentally opened a community account

(Wow. I think I horribly messed up with the posting location. I'm so sorry if I did.) PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceGalaxy S8+Operating System(Whatever the most current is. I have no idea where to find it on here.) My Question or IssueI didn't exactly m...

• Visitor
  •   (Wow. I think I horribly messed up with the posting location. I'm so sorry if I did.)   Plan Premium Country USA Device Galaxy S8+ Operating System (Whatever the most current is...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Update country and address

PlanPremium Family My Question or IssueHello,I recently moved from one country to another and I know that there are lots of posts about country/address change but I've looked through a bunch of community posts and help topics and I can't find a speci...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Family   My Question or Issue Hello, I recently moved from one country to another and I know that there are lots of posts about country/address change but I've looked through a...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't find a friend by username search

Hi,This morning I could find a friend via the username search on my PC and I-Phone app. Now I cannot find them.How is this possible - it is like the account has disappeared even though it still exisits.What can I do to find it again?ThanksPlanFreeCou...

• Hi, This morning I could find a friend via the username search on my PC and I-Phone app.  Now I cannot find them. How is this possible - it is like the account has disappeared even though it s...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Problem with account name

So, my account name is just numbers (no letters).I havent set it as that, it just changed for some reason.My friends also see my name as numbers and I honestly find that really annoying.This happens on all my devices.I wanted to email spotify support...

• Casual Listener
  • So, my account name is just numbers (no letters). I havent set it as that, it just changed for some reason. My friends also see my name as numbers and I honestly find that really annoying. This ha...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No longer able to search for my profile

Hi community, I use premium and have for a long time been able to just search my profile name in the search bar on all kinds of platforms. For instance on my friends phone at a party. But about a couple of months ago i could not find my profile anywh...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi community,   I use premium and have for a long time been able to just search my profile name in the search bar on all kinds of platforms. For instance on my friends phone at a party. But ab...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Why my account name is random letters and numbers?

PlanFreeCountryIndonesiaDeviceAnywhereOperating SystemAll of them My Question or IssueWhy my name is 224q7nrrzzgwfum7dpyqskfhi?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Indonesia Device Anywhere Operating System All of them   My Question or Issue Why my name is 224q7nrrzzgwfum7dpyqskfhi?
  • buncetek
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Account] Change Username

Plan PremiumCountry USA Device iPhone SE, Windows 10 64-bitOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueMy username has been a bunch of letters and numbers since I joined Spotify waaaaay back when. I want to be able to change it to my usual online...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device iPhone SE, Windows 10 64-bit Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My username has been a bunch of letters and numbers s...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Double Charged for premium subscription

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States, UtahDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueMy bank account has been double charged for a premium subscription (approximately $10.71 each charge) March 2019, April 2019, May 2019 & now June 2019 a...

•   Plan Premium Country United States, Utah Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue My bank account has been double charged for a premium subscription (...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My username are letters and numbers / Mi nombre de usuario son letras y números.

Bueno originalmente mi cuenta de Spotify estaba vinculada a una de Facebook, después borré esa cuenta de Facebook y ahora tengo un nombre de usuario generado por Spotify, ¿tengo alguna posibilidad de tener otro nombre de usuario? Si tengo otra cuenta...

• Bueno originalmente mi cuenta de Spotify estaba vinculada a una de Facebook, después borré esa cuenta de Facebook y ahora tengo un nombre de usuario generado por Spotify, ¿tengo alguna posibilidad de...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! When oh when will Spotify fix Family so it actually works?

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceDell Precision 9560Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI used to have Spotify Family with my ex-wife, when I lived at a previous address. I recently upgraded again and invited my new partner to be part of the f...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device Dell Precision 9560 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I used to have Spotify Family with my ex-wife, when I lived at a previous addre...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify User id problem

Hello so I have been trying to find the name of this spotify user spotify:user:1274433418 but all I can find is the numbers. Please help me

• Regular
  • Hello so I have been trying to find the name of this spotify user spotify:user:1274433418 but all I can find is the numbers.   Please help me
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Suddenly I can see only complete Albums in my Albums page

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceAndroidOperating SystemUbuntu 18,04, Windows 10 My Question or IssueAs said in the title, I've recently noted that when I go to my Albums page, I can see only the Albums for which I've saved all the songs, and not those for w...

• Plan Premium Country   Device Android Operating System Ubuntu 18,04, Windows 10   My Question or Issue As said in the title, I've recently noted that when I go to my Albums page, ...
  • markymark174
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify for Artist Setup? Can't figure this one out...

Hi, I'm trying to setup a Spotify for Artist account on the page below. I don't find myself in the list of artists (obviously!), so I click "Can't Find Yourself?" in the bottom right of screenshot 1. Then a little window pops up and the first thing i...

Screenshot (1).png Screenshot (2).png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm trying to setup a Spotify for Artist account on the page below. I don't find myself in the list of artists (obviously!), so I click "Can't Find Yourself?" in the bottom right of screenshot 1....
  • BillionWatt
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Reproduccion interrumpida a cada momento

PlanPremiumCountryAsunsionDeviceSamsung A7 (2018)Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueEl inconveniente esta en que reproduzco la musica normalmente sin conexion y descargada pero luego de unos minutos deja de reproducir y debo ingresar en la a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Asunsion Device Samsung A7 (2018) Operating System Android   My Question or Issue El inconveniente esta en que reproduzco la musica normalmente sin conexion y desc...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes