Unable to join Family premium, error location

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone Xs

My Question or Issue

My wife is unable to join the family plan. When Spotify confirms location it gives an error message "Unable to confirm location" please try again later.

I am at the home address with location turned on.

3 Replies

Hey, @Eliasn1 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Could you try to set the location using another device using the incognito mode of your browser?

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi

I’ve tried doing that using incognito to set up and accept. And to setup but accept in regular tab. Still gives me same error message and won’t let me connect.

Hey again, @Eliasn1 

Try to remove the invitation you've made for your wife, and then resend it...

And actually, I need you to go ahead with all the processes of setting the address using an incognito tab or using another device (especially a desktop, if possible). I'm asking it because maybe you are trying to set the address for your wife, but your account is still logged in on the device and that creates a conflict.

You, as the Family plan manager manually entered the plan’s address when you signed up. So, I recommend that you double-check what exactly address you have entered by logging into your Family page.

When you go to set the address for your wife, try to use your device’s location services if at home, but if that doesn't work, enter it manually.

Try these suggestions again, and let me know if it worked...

Have a great day! 🙂

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts