Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removing my bands music from spotify

Solved!

Removing my bands music from spotify

Hey! I've tried countless times to contact spotify via email with no replys and am very frustrated now. I need to have my bands music removed from Spotify and cannot figure out how to do so. Can someone please assist me? 

Thank you kindly,

Garret

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi!

First - are they local files that have been imported? If so then they aren't on Spotify 😉

If not - then how did they get there? Only a label/aggregator can upload music to Spotify - did you go through one of them??

If so, you will have to contact them.

Why do you want it removed anyway - loads of people will be listening to your music!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Good points here.

When you install Spotify it will import music stored locally on your computer from default music locations. It will also import iTunes and Windows Media Player playlists.

Have a look at your Spotify Social profile, and remove any playlists that you do not want published, but remember that your local files are not uploaded.

If your band's music has in fact been submitted to Spotify, check with your record label or aggregator if you would like that changed.

View solution in original post

22 Replies

I will escalate this to the staff for you 🙂 hopefully someone will be able to assist you.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you so much Peter!

How did it get on Spotify in the first place? You can't directly upload music on Spotify, it has to be done through an aggregator or label. Contact whoever got your music into Spotify.

And please, if those tracks are Local files, those are NOT UPLOADED to Spotify.

Marked as solution

Hi!

First - are they local files that have been imported? If so then they aren't on Spotify 😉

If not - then how did they get there? Only a label/aggregator can upload music to Spotify - did you go through one of them??

If so, you will have to contact them.

Why do you want it removed anyway - loads of people will be listening to your music!
Marked as solution

Good points here.

When you install Spotify it will import music stored locally on your computer from default music locations. It will also import iTunes and Windows Media Player playlists.

Have a look at your Spotify Social profile, and remove any playlists that you do not want published, but remember that your local files are not uploaded.

If your band's music has in fact been submitted to Spotify, check with your record label or aggregator if you would like that changed.

Thank you everyone so much, those replies were all very helpful! I'm in touch with our Aggregator now. I really appreciate all the help! So thank you!!!

Garret

I'm also trying to take down my music without success. I already asked the aggregator to take the music down from Spotify. The aggregator asked Spotify but nothing is happening, we don't know what to do but we absolutely have to take everything down. PLEASE CAN YOU PUT ME IN TOUCH WITH THE PEOPLE AT SPOTIFY WHO IS ABLE TO TAKE DOWN OUR ALBUMS? WE ARE VERY UPSET.
THANKS 

@bweltdata - Artist Services sound like the team you need.

Peter

Peter

I already contacted the artists team, no one is answering.. I NEED TO TAKE THE MUSIC DOWN, I sold my entire catalogue, SPOTIFY PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP

Not sure if you get one when you get in touch with artist services, but did you get an automated reply with a case number in it? 

If so, post that number here and I will ask someone to chase it up for you. 

Peter

Peter

I didn't receive any automated reply, I try to write them again. I keep you updated

I wrote / contacted the artists services again, I'm not receiving any automatic reply..

Spotify.png

Hmm, let me see if I can grab someone to look into this for you. 

Peter

Peter

Here is their automatic reply (it has nothing to do with my request): 

Congratulations, bweltdata!
As a result of your contributions to the community you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Concert Regular.
We appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue to be an active member of the community.
This is an automated message. If you need help and are not sure what to do next, have a look at our starter guide
Thanks!

Your Spotify Community Team

Nah thats just the community ranking you up since you have been posting, safe to ignore that one 😉 

I've posted in the super user area asking for a member of the Spotify team to help you out with this.

Peter

Peter

bweltdata - What's the name of your band? Are you sure these aren't local files showing in your Spotify?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I need to remove my music from Spotify. It was added through Cdbaby but I removed this particular albums froms from Cdbaby and supposedly it's off of spotify. But it is stll being played for free. I need my music off of there asap. My name is Jomo Lyles-Belton and my albums are:

What I Want Ep

America's Playground LP

JOMO

Lyles-Belton Entertianment 

Any help from spotify would be helpful. 

@jomomusicent wrote:

I need to remove my music from Spotify. It was added through Cdbaby but I removed this particular albums froms from Cdbaby and supposedly it's off of spotify. But it is stll being played for free. I need my music off of there asap. My name is Jomo Lyles-Belton and my albums are:

What I Want Ep

America's Playground LP

JOMO

Lyles-Belton Entertianment 

Any help from spotify would be helpful. 

Hi @jomomusicent , my understanding is that you'll have to resolve this with CDBaby, as it's their responsibility to handle takedown requests. Nonetheless, you might want to try getting in touch with artist services here.

Suggested posts