Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Resetting password doesn't work!

Solved!

Resetting password doesn't work!

Hi there,

I forgot my Spotify password. Before I want to add a Paypal account to it I want to make sure I know it. When I click the link in the 'Reset your password'-mail I get the message: Seems to have taken a while. It says that for security reasons I've been logged out (never logged in) but I am logged in all off the sudden. Still I can't change my password. Can you give me any help? It''s really frustrating.

Regards,

koenbrits

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Good news everyone: the password reset links should be working again now.

So just head over to www.spotify.com/password-reset to request a new one as and when necessary.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

12 Replies

The password reset thing is extremely frustrating as well. The exact same thing happens. I get logged in and I can't change any passwords or anything.

Having the same problem. Anybody have a solution for this?

I am having the same problem. The reset password link logs me into the site and I am able to enter a new password, but am required to have my old password to change it. Tried in multiple browsers thinking it might be session related. No luck. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi guys,

This shouldn't be the case. We're aware of the issue and we're looking into it. We'll keep you updated. 

Marked as solution

Good news everyone: the password reset links should be working again now.

So just head over to www.spotify.com/password-reset to request a new one as and when necessary.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Still not working for me.

Spotify Case # 00609441: Account questions ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0NbwoV:ref

jona334 - I'll be in touch!

I'm trying to set up a premium account for my father but when I try to log in with his account (not mine) it says:

"An error has occurred processing your login. Please try again."

Then, I tryied to reset the password for his account but as soon as I click on the link provided in the email it says:

"Seems this took a while

You have been logged out for security reasons, please click the reset link in the email you recieved again to continue."

I tryied multiple time without success.

@Nickola wrote:

I'm trying to set up a premium account for my father but when I try to log in with his account (not mine) it says:

"An error has occurred processing your login. Please try again."

Then, I tryied to reset the password for his account but as soon as I click on the link provided in the email it says:

"Seems this took a while

You have been logged out for security reasons, please click the reset link in the email you recieved again to continue."

I tryied multiple time without success.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like either the website is having issues or something has gone wrong whilst registering. Try getting in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they should be able to help you out with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello,

the link still does not work for me since 3-4 weeks. I'll enter my email, the webpage is telling me that I will receive a mail on how to reset my password but I receive nothing.
I've tried now several times to reset my password by requesting a password reset for the registered email but I never received so far a reply from spotify or an Email where I can change the password.
I've checked the Spamfilter but there is not mail nor in my inbox or in the spam folder.

I 've tried to reset it via Firefox and Internet Explorer via "https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/" but as I said, I just do not receive a mail.
Mails from the Spotify Service like a contact request are visible in is something what I receive in my inbox but non of the 3 "Hey let's contact the Spotify Service" attempts so far were answered by the Spotify Service.

The whole thing started with the last Spotify Client update which I've installed and where my account stopped to work.
I'm pretty sure that I've entered the login credentials correct because I've made a note about the details.

What can I do know to get access to my playlists? Who can help me getting my previous account working?

Please note: To be able to write this post I've created a new account.

Sorenzo

Sorenzo - could you PM your original username/password? I'll take a little look.

Since this topic was related to an issue with our site a few weeks ago, I thought I'd go ahead and close it since the issue has been resolved. If you're experiencing problems with receiving your password reset link, it may be related to your account. If you're still unable to reset your password, post here and someone will help you out.

Suggested posts