Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reverting to original username and blank avatar

Solved!

Reverting to original username and blank avatar

Yesterday, I've linked my Facebook account to post my activities on Spotify, only to find out it replaced my username with my real name and showed my real profile picture. I don't want to expose my true identity for privacy reason so I've unlinked my account using desktop app but still nothing happen (as of this point I have 6 hours to wait until it applies).

Does unlinking FB account will revert everything back to original username and removed my real picture after 24 hours?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @rouward. Sorry that it hasn't resolved yet, but please be aware that in can take several days for everything to revert back. Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi @rouward. Everything should reset back to normal, but depending on how fast all of the servers update, it might take some time. If after a few days nothing changes let me know and we can see what we can do. Cheers!

Thank you. I'll check it again until tomorrow if my account has been updated.

Update: it's over 24 hours and yet my account haven't updated. If this doesn't update over 3 days, devs should look on this issue.

Marked as solution

Hey @rouward. Sorry that it hasn't resolved yet, but please be aware that in can take several days for everything to revert back. Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer.

Update: Took 4 days to update my account completely but I understood that the server is taking updates longer. Problem solved.

Suggested posts