Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SPOTIFY STOLE MONEY FROM ME

SPOTIFY STOLE MONEY FROM ME

I signed up  for a free premium subscription 2012-12-13. About 10 days ago I removed my creditcard details from spotify. I double checed that theyt were gone.

Now  my creditcard details are back and spotify have stolen 99 SKR from my account.

HOW CAN I GET MU MONEY BACK?

21 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team using the online contact form and they will be able to look into this for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks but only autoreply.

I can't belive they actually readded my creditcard without my permission and took my money.

@spotify_steals wrote:

I can't belive they actually readded my creditcard without my permission and took my money.

Just reply directly to the automated message (even if its from no-reply) and a member of the team will get back to you as soon as possible 😉 

Peter

Peter

Are you kidding. Sounds like spotify is extremly broken.

First they readded my creditcard.

Then they took my money. Money that belong to me.

And now  I am supposed to answear a no reply message.

Can it be more broken????

That's just the way the system works I guess, but I'm just a community member not Spotify!

I didn't actually think it was possible to remove your card details if your subscription was still active. Normally you need to cancel your subscription before you can remove those details. 

Peter

Peter

@spotify_steals wrote:

Hi spotify_steals - Just to clarify here, that cannot happen. Spotify can't add details to your account on your behalf. 

If you have an active trial or subscription your card details cannot be removed. You first need to cancel your subscription. Only then can you erase the details. That's most likely where you ran into some trouble. 

That, or, you have a second account on our system. Either way, I can confirm your case has reached us. The payments team will get back to you shortly. 

Are you saying it is impossible to remove my credit card details from spotify?

Why can't I remove my creditcard details from spotify?

Not at all. I'm saying you have to cancel your subscription before removing them. 

Either this process wasn't completed properly or you've got a second account with us. Our payments team can help look into this via that email you've sent us. 

@spotify_steals wrote:

Are you saying it is impossible to remove my credit card details from spotify?

Why can't I remove my creditcard details from spotify?

You can, but you need to cancel your subscription first. 

You should be able to cancel your subscription by following the links from your account subscription page.

Peter

Peter

You have a button for removing creditcard details. I have pressed it I am very sure of that.

Screenshot below.

Are you saying me that this button doesn't work?

Remove creditcard. Screenshot.

I'm not sure actually, maybe a member of staff can clarify? 

When you press it does it just revert to being on your previous choice again (what I expect will happen!)

Peter

Peter

The big question is why the button isn't working.

It clearly has the remove option ticked and it is possible to press the change button. It is not greyed out or anything.

Why does spotify let me belive that I can remove my creditcard details by pressing this button when it is impossible?

Hi spotify_steals - When you click on the 'Change' button with an active subscription you'll find the page goes back to your Subscription page. 

From there you can see no details have been changed/ removed. 

If you cancel your subscription first you will see this after clicking 'Change': 

Screen Shot 2013-01-14 at 21.43.55.png

I am very sure that this button worked before and that I removed my creditcard details.

Should I contact VISA to get my money back?

I'd wait an see what the payments team say first 😉 

Peter

Peter

Look at this thread

I really need to get in touch with my bank and with Visa. I guess I have to ask them to issue me a new card. 😞

This is extremly annoying.

spotify_steals - Don't worry, the payments team are nice. They'll get back to you shortly.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Ok I finally managed to unsubscribe my premium subscription.They make it very hard to do that. 😞

All I need now is my money back.

Suggested posts