Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Same old problem

Same old problem

Please can someone at spotify sort this out for me. I haven't been able to play any of my music for ages now and have been trying all of the logging in and out of Facebook and spotify. I'm on premium too so very frustrating. Can someone just please clear it up so I can use the service that I pay for. Thanks, Luke
Sort it because
6 Replies

Hi Lukepotter86 - What exactly is the problem when you try to listen to music? Are the track grayed out? Are you receiving an error messages or codes?

Currently your 'lukepotter86' account isn't linked to Facebook. Just sign in with that username and your Spotify password.

Hi Meredith. Yes, all of my tracks are greyed out. The titles of the playlists and albums are still there but it says 'no tracks' next to it. When I click on a playlist, there are tracks there, but all greyed out. Then of I click on a track it says 'spotify premium is required for on demand streaming. It's free to stream on desktop.' ... But I was on premium, I don't know why it's saying that. I don't use spotify on a desktop either, I just use it on my iPhone so that's all I need to rectify..

Ah that's the problem then. Currently 'lukepotter86' is on our free service. It seems your last payment couldn't go through successfully:

Please check the following requirements that need to be met for a payment to be successfully made:

1. Your card must not have expired. If you have received a new card, please update your card details on your Subscription page: https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. The country set in your Spotify account profile must match the country where your card is registered. If you intend to use a payment method in another country, you can make this selection on your Subscription page (We can only accept payment from our launch countries).

3. Your card should be enabled for e-commerce transactions (Verified by Visa/Mastercard securecard card).

4. Your card must be open to be used for foreign purchases.

5. There are some banks that require other security authentifications, the most common one being 3DSecure.

Then try to upgrade again via your subscription page.

Hello there,

I am having the same problem as the individual above me. I am also a Premium member and have had no unsuccessful payments, yet I am unable to stream on my phone. Help welcome please.

Many thanks

@mary_mags wrote:

Hello there,

I am having the same problem as the individual above me. I am also a Premium member and have had no unsuccessful payments, yet I am unable to stream on my phone. Help welcome please.

Many thanks

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post and see if they help?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

mary_mags - Looks like you have an Unlimited account. In order to stream on your mobile, a Premium subscription is needed. I apologise if there's been any confusion.

It's nice and easy to upgrade. Just head here: www.spotify.com/account/subscription/
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts