Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Searching for Playlists/Users without using link

Searching for Playlists/Users without using link

My Question or Issue

Dear Spotify Community, I have created an account called MOKOH Music and have made a few public playlists. I know i can share the profile and the lists through sending people the links provided, but I am wondering why it is not possible through the regular search option to find the account by it's name and to find the playlists by just searching the names.  I know that it is possible to do that by some other accounts even though they are not Artist Accounts. For example if you search for a name: Maria Moritz you automatically find people, or if you look for example for a term like "happy day" you find numerous Playlists from unofficial people that are not spotify official playlists.  I was wondering if there is a problem with the settings and what you can change to be able to search in the regular search portal in spotify? This is the account i am talking about: https://open.spotify.com/user/1nwt5ed58imaeyzrynmwv6fmf?si=71e3Vm_KRIqBborHL6nWag

I would be greatful if anyone has any advice.

3 Replies

Hey there @MariaMoritz,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

The isn't a special setting that determines whether or not an account or playlist appear using the search function. Keep in mind that how high up the search results they come up depends on a variety of factors. Some of these are the number of followers and of listens. So if a playlist or your account doesn't appear straight away, we recommend that you share them via link to boost their popularity. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey there,
Thanks so much for the reply. Just a question about that. I get that accounts and playlists, which have more followers maybe show up first or in general, but when i search MOKOH Music it doesn’t show up at all even though there is no other account with that name. It just shows that no account exists under this name… so zero results. I find that strange, i would assume that if it was ranking them depending on follower number it would still show up since apparently there is no other account named like that...

Hey @MariaMoritz,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case we recommend that you reach out to our Customer Support team here. They'll happily take a look at your account backstage and check if there's an issue with it's availability over the search function. 

Keep us posted how you get on.

Have a nice day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts