Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sharing to Instagram Story will open the camera instead of the story editor (2)

Sharing to Instagram Story will open the camera instead of the story editor (2)

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Xiaomi Mi 9 SE

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Sharing on Instagram Stories doesn't work.

Screenshot_2019-12-13-01-44-07-698_com.spotify.music.jpg

When I click on the "Instagram Hikayeler" (Instagram Stories)

Screenshot_2019-12-13-01-44-14-077_com.instagram.android.jpg

It leads me here and nothing happens.

13 Replies

Having exactly the same issue - premium plan, UK, Samsung galaxy s10, android v9

I have the same issue! I'm on Galaxy S8 and run Android 9. This happens both I run a downgraded version of Spotify or the newest one, and both with my premium acc as well as my free acc. In both cases, I use the latest version of IG (122.0.0.29.238).

Is anyone willing to try to downgrade to an older version of IG and see whether that helps?

I was having the exact same issue and rolling back Instagram seems to have corrected it; I'm now able to share from Spotify to my IG story using version 119.0.0.33.147

I'm also having the same issue starting from today. All of a sudden when I tried to share to Instagram Stories, it only shows a blank black page. I've uninstalled both Instagram and Spotify but still facing the same problem.

I'm using Samsung Note 10 running on Android 9.

I'm having this problem as well as on my LG G6. I think a recent Instagram update must have broken something?

IG has been updated today, but I also found out I could share music through my stories with a modded IG app like InstaPro.

I have this problem too. I thought reinstall both app will do the trick, but both nothing changed. Hope you can solve this problem soon. Thanks!

Plan

Premium

Country

United States of America

Device

Google Pixel 3

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Problem began 3 days ago on 12/15/ 19 on Pixel 3. When trying to post a song / album art on Instagram stories, the app opens up it's camera mode rather than taking you to what you're intending to post.

I have read solutions to previous community questions and none have worked. I have cleared cache on both apps Instagram and Spotify. Also have deleted and reinstalled both apps with the latest version.

Spotify is running on version 8.5.33.831
Instagram on 122.0.0.29.238

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

First, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device by following the steps here.

If after that you’re still experiencing the issue, could you provide us with the following info:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • exact Instagram version?

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks!

I have cleared data, uninstalled and reinstalled and issue persist. OS is
Android 10 with Spotify version 8.5.36.747

##- Please type your reply above this line -
##

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click + VOTE.

Could you make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • exact Instagram version?

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Hey folks,

We reached out to the relevant team, and they haven't been able to reproduce it on the latest IG update (123.0.0.21.114).

Can you confirm that this is working for you after updating to the latest version?

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Hey folks,

We haven't heard back from you in a while, so we've moved this thread back to the help boards.

Note that there is a separate Ongoing Issue related to Instagram Stories on Android devices which we're still looking into here.

Thanks! Take care 🙂

Suggested posts