Shuffle a playlist?

Solved!

Re: Shuffle a playlist?

Liam
Community Legend

@raymond wrote:

I can shuffle a single playlist can you shuffle all playlists?

@SpotOn wrote:

Hey, I can't seem to find any button on Spotify saying SHUFFLE - how do you random play your tracks / playlists?

Add all the playlists into one playlist folder, and shuffle the folder.

Solution!

swervedriver51

Finally worked this out. Could not understand why I could not shuffle a playlist on my iPad mini. This is how to do it. When playing a track from a playlist tap on the double arrow next to the small album art work, this will give you a full screen artwork. Just above the pause button there are two icons one is a shuffle icon (it is hard to see as I was trying to shuffle tracks when I was outside and could not see the icon due to sunlight). Tap on it and it lights up and then tracks shuffle from a playlist. Happy days no more listending to playlists in alphabetical order.

View solution in original post

dextermb
Casual Listener

Doesn't seem that you can shuffle mutliple playlists, only the oder of the songs.. shame.

Gregmcmann12
Casual Listener
I can't find that icon??

Gregmcmann12
Casual Listener
I still don't see the icon above the pause button??

Peter__
Community Legend
Which application are you using?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

musicnerd
Casual Listener

Ist it possible to add a "shuffle" option to this iframe code:

<iframe src="https://embed.spotify.com/?uri=spotify:user:musicnerd29:playlist:5vbAOHq9YZC2maZqoOb2kC" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Yours, George

Joe
Community Legend

No it's not possible. I imagine that, if it could be done, the user's player would stay in shuffle mode which could cause some issues. The full list of switches you can use is listed on this page.

musicnerd
Casual Listener

this would be a great and important feature. i wonder that spotify not already relized this.

Peter__
Community Legend

@musicnerd - It will shuffle the playlist if the users client already has shuffle enabled. I'm with @Joe on this one, I don't really want playlist links to be able to change my settings, however, if you want to suggest it as a change head over to the Ideas Exchange and post it there for review.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

SUGGESTED POSTS