Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sign out everywhere BUG?

Sign out everywhere BUG?

Plan: Premium

Device: Iphone XS Max

Operating System: 12.1.2

My issue:

Hi, Someone is using my spotify against my consent. I’ve tried sign out everywhere, and it doesn’t work properly. Apparently, what this guy do is he put my spotify on offline mode on his phone at all times, and only put it back online when adding songs to a playlist. Apparently, you’re not gonna get logged out if you are in offline mode when the owner clicked the sign out everywhere botton. As a result, he doesn’t get logged out when he put it back online. I did an experiment with a couple of old phones I have, and to my surprise, you are really not gonna get logged out when you are in offline mode when the sign out everywhere botton is pressed.

I tried removing offline devices, all it does is just remove the offline playlists, but it doesn’t log out the device. As a result, he can just refollow the playlist then download it as offline again. 

3 Replies

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi! I’ve tried using the sign out everywhere button but it doesn’t work. Apparently, you won’t get logged out if you are in offline mode. 

There are a few other steps that can be done in a case like this. I'd recommend having another look at the Spotify Answers / Support article.

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts