Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Signing in

Solved!

Signing in

I can no longer sign in to Spotify and the help page is no help. I am a Premium member and don't want to cancel and start over (if that will even work). I enter what I thought was my username and password, but get an error. Help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You should be able to set a special device password from your online profile if your account was created via Facebook. Once you have set that you can login using your username (which will be a number if the account was created via Facebook, shown on your overview) and that password. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Have you tried resetting your password? 

To get a password reset:
1. Go to https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/
2. If you get redirected to your online profile (where you need to current password to make the change), you are still logged into the website. Click on your name at the top and choose Log Out.
3. Return to https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/ and you should be able to request a reset by entering your username.

Peter

Peter, that did it, but I didn't realize I had signed in with Facebook. How do I get a Spotify login, since I can't use the Facebook login to access Spotify on my TV. At least, I don't think I can...

Thanks so much for your help!

Marked as solution

You should be able to set a special device password from your online profile if your account was created via Facebook. Once you have set that you can login using your username (which will be a number if the account was created via Facebook, shown on your overview) and that password. 

Peter

Fantastic! Everything worked and I'm listening to Spotify through my TV in the living room. Thanks so much, Peter. This was a great help!

No worries! Enjoy those tunes! 😄

Peter

Suggested posts