Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Solved] Alternative Spotify Desktop App for Windows on Working Computer

[Solved] Alternative Spotify Desktop App for Windows on Working Computer

Hi all to the Spotify Community and Users;

Recently i had a problem on my work computer using downloaded Spotify app, because of IT principles. When you start the application, it gives a proxy error. This happens due to the IT blocking different apps using Spotify.

Yesterday, I ended up solving this problem in a alternative way that lets you play the Spotify through Chrome browser, but just like the Spotify app: Standalone like in its own window.

If you have the same problem and you can use Chrome browser on your work computer, I wanted to share how you can apply this solution.

Chrome browser has an "app" mode which can be activated by a Chrome desktop shortcut. Using the Chrome's --app mode you can enjoy Spotify on working computer. 

To apply this, simply go to your desktop and create a new shortcut of Chrome browser. Then right click on the shortcut and go to "Properties" of the shortcut.

In the properties window go to target box. Do not delete the written path there. Simply go to end of the row and paste this string without hashtags:

# --app=https://open.spotify.com

Then click "OK" and your spotify app shortcut is ready on the desktop.

You can change the icon and name of the shortcut to make it look like spotify app.

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

(Windows on Bussiness Computer)

Capture.PNG
web.PNG
1 Reply

Hey! Welcome to the community,

I am a bit confused, your just sharing this topic with the community right?

Jack

Suggested posts