Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone else is using my Spotify account

Solved!

Someone else is using my Spotify account

Hi there,

I've used my Spotify on a few laptops that haven't been my own, but have always signed out (to my knowledge). Lately, I've had my sessions paused due to signing in elsewhere, and have noticed random starred tracks in my account. I've just changed my password, but is there anything you can do to help?

Thanks,

S

264 Replies

Thank you Richard,

The case number I got in the first email was: 508194 . I responded with the paypal Billing agreement information that the representative asked me to provide several times now and have not heard back from anyone.

pltnmblz, I've followed this up for you. Check your inbox.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi There,

I need someone to reset my account as someone elsewhere appears to be using my accound. I have changed my password but it still doesnt work. I think I may have logged in on a friends Sonos system and they need to be kicked out! Would appreciate if you could help.

Thanks

Shaun

Hi Shaunchande - I've just logged you out of all active sessions.

Just to be safe, I recommend changing your Spotify password and your personal email password one more time. Let us know if you get kicked off your account again.

Would you be able to log out all my sessions as well? I too am having this same problem and I reset my password already.

Thanks!

@Treyman654 wrote:

Would you be able to log out all my sessions as well? I too am having this same problem and I reset my password already.

Thanks!

Sure, done!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Solved

Hi leed20002001- Sure, that's all done for you. 

I'd also change your Spotify password and your personal email password one more time just be safe. 

Thank you, ive done both 🙂

Can you log out  all the active sessions for me too?

Just changed password, but i wanted to make sure.

And does this mean I have to re download all my music on my offline devices, phone and laptop?

Jintimus - I've just stopped all active sessions on your account, so you'll need to log in again. You shouldn't need to re download, no.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi my spotify keeps saying someone else is using my account, I've changed the password but it hasn't helped! Can you stop it pausing??

Hi Sam,

I actually did not need to log into anything.. I don't think you stopped all active sessions.

I didn't have relog into my phone nor my phone....

MikeAssin - No one appears to be online on your account at the minute, have you tried changing your password? You can do so here... https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Jintimus - Just tried to disconnect you again. Should work this time.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi,

Please disconnect all active connections for my account - I am having similar problems with users on my account.

I will then do a password reset,

Thanks

Hi fishfinder - Currently no one else is logged into your account. I recommend changing your Spotify password (and personal email) just be to safe. 

Hi, I believe someone may unknowingly be logged into my account on another computer because playlists I didn't create are showing up in my sidebar. Please could you end any active sessions and I'll change my password?

Many thanks.

Slowtoes - Just disconnected all connections.

Regarding the playlists, Is it similar to this thread at all? http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Playlists-gets-added-without-me-doing-anything/td-p/...
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Many thanks. I've replied to that post in case there's something else going on here.

Hi. somebody else is using my  Premium account at the same time as me. 

culd you pleas kick all peopel on my account so that i can login and not worrie about the music beeing stopped?

I have tryd to reset my password. But no sucsses...

Suggested posts