Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Someone else is using my account

Someone else is using my account

Someone else is using my account. I tried to change password but that does´t help as long as this person is logged in. This is not ok. How can I throw this person out?

/R

17 Replies

I just took a look at your account and it doesn't seem that anyone is currently logged in - so the password reset should be sufficient for now.
Out of interest, what activity were you seeing on the account?
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

There havent been any activity for the past 5 minutes så maybe his gone. But before he och she where logged on and played music so I could´t play musik. Really annoying that it didn´t help changing my password. But it seems to be ok now...

Have you any logs?

Well I'm sure it's all fine now. Do let me know if there's any more odd behaviour though.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

There is still someone usin gmy account!!! Can you fix this. Cahnge password, whatever! I have change password but this person can still use my account. How is this possible? And can you see who it is??

Well again, there's no-one currently online in your account. And if you've changed the password then it shouldn't be possible at all for someone else to gain access.

Are you sure that your email, etc. is secure? It might be worth running the usual security checks, such as an antivirus scan.

Mabye you should in the future create a little feature that will logout those who are logged in when the password in changed. Ontherwise you can be logged in forever and ever even if the password is changed!

I get the same probs, try to change pw but Someone Else still play at mine:/

Plz help

Hi,

I emailed the support directly 3 days ago regardning this - still not a word so don´t expect much help...

He helped me, change mail and pw then that works, i'm swedish then My eng sucks

Hi, i have the same problems as the other guys. plix help me. changed mail and password, nothing helped :s

Just drop us a line through our contact form (About Us > Contact Form, above) with your verification details - date of birth, postal code and last 4 digits of your payment card.
We'll then take a look over your account and help you get back in.

I am having the exact same problem

Owenhagan - Have you tried changing your password? You can do so from here: http://www.spotify.com/password-reset/
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Does the Spotify software support   "HTTP Secure"???

How does the 'login' work at spotify?

In Facebook you can change this in the settings from HTTP  to  HTTPS.

If you use just HTTP, the username and password ist encrypted, but the ticket you receive may be intercept( e.g. wlan / wlan via hotspot / mobile use etc. ). And someone can acess, even if the person don't know your exact password. To solve this, you have to log out and the ticket won't work any more.

Someone else is using my Spotify account. I have changed my password, and I hope that you can log me off all devices.

Hi slinki92 - I can confirm no one is logged into your account right now. 

As your FB is linked to your account, be sure to change that password too. 

**Anyone else having this issue? We have a dedicated thread for this right here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Someone-else-using-your-account-Pos...

I'll lock this thread to avoid any confusion--post in the one above if you need any help. 

Suggested posts