Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone else is using my spotify account at the same time as me.

Solved!

Someone else is using my spotify account at the same time as me.

This is annoying.

I let someone else use my spotify account once. Now this person is permanently logged in through his own facebook account...at least this is how I think it works,

His name and facebook picture shows up at the top of the right corner of the screen whenever I log into my account and it looks like he is using it because more than two third of everything that is starred has been starred by him. It makes it difficult for me to find the music that I've starred my self.

I have right clicked on his name to try to log him out, but all that happens is that I'm logged out and when I log in again he's still there. I've also tried to change my password to no use. So how do I get this person out of my spotify account? I have'nt found any other options than what I've already tried.

169 Replies

thx a lot 🙂

Can you disconnect me too?

Lippii - Just done that for you.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Can you disconnect me too? I also have this problem.

Maybe it'd be a good idea to allow people some control over who's logged in from where? Something like the system gmail is using would be great for spotify.

Hi gejr - Just disconnected your active sessions too. I recommend making a quick change to your password just to be safe. 

gejr wrote:

Maybe it'd be a good idea to allow people some control over who's logged in from where? Something like the system gmail is using would be great for spotify.

If this a feature you'd like to see in Spotify, you can always post it here in our Idead Board. We keep a close eye on these threads to get feedback from you guys. 

Can you please help me? Someone else is using my account. We are trying to listen to music at the same time but it is my account! I changed my password but that doesn't help since they already are logged in.
Can you disconnect all my devices too? I can resync my playlists 🙂 

Marked as solution

@Gabriela90 wrote:

Can you please help me? Someone else is using my account. We are trying to listen to music at the same time but it is my account! I changed my password but that doesn't help since they already are logged in.
Can you disconnect all my devices too? I can resync my playlists 🙂 

Ok, done.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi, could you disconnect my devices as well, no problem re-syncing.
thanks 

@csannes wrote:

Hi, could you disconnect my devices as well, no problem re-syncing.
thanks 

Done.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Could you disconnect all devices here to please Moderator Sam 🙂

@Mallouzii wrote:
Could you disconnect all devices here to please Moderator Sam 🙂

We can't see anyone else currently connected on your account.

Hey!

Could you disconnect all devices here to please? Really frustrating this...

Qoss - Just done that for you. Hope it sorts it.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

The same thing with me I forgot to log off now my cousin is using it, any suggestions?

Hello! I recently noticed that someone else is using my account to play the music on. It didn´t help to change password because the person has liked her facebook to the account and therefore still logs in using facebook! Can you disconnect it?

Ps, i just have to say that linking your FB to an account you have hacked must be one of the stupidest things i know!

funnyguy123- I can't see anyone using your account at the moment. Please sign in and change your FB extra security. 

LinuxNT- I've just removed the facebook connection and logged everyone off your account. I recommend changing your password right here

I would like you moderators to disconnect all my devices please! Thanks in advance 🙂

@Hansson77 wrote:

I would like you moderators to disconnect all my devices please! Thanks in advance 🙂

To clarify, do you want your devices unregistered for offline use - or do you want all active sessions on your account disconnected?

There's a lot of confusion between the two in this thread, so we might have to close it so that we don't have to ask this every time.

Just log everyone off my account, the all active sessions part 🙂 thanks! 😄

@Hansson77 wrote:

Just log everyone off my account, the all active sessions part 🙂 thanks! 😄

Great, done.

Suggested posts