Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone is using my account even after changin password and disconnecting from all devices

Someone is using my account even after changin password and disconnecting from all devices

Someone continues to use my account and is playing ambient/new-age music - user shows up as WIN-ORHQ29PIMNR.  I followed Spotify's "soultion" to change ma=y passowrd on Spotify and Facebook and disconnect from all devices but the user keeps popping back up randomly and I have to force it back to my device to use it.  I have looked all over this community and the internet for solutions only to find that thousands of people reporting the same issue with no apparent solution.  It looks like someone has found a back door into Spotify and randomly using accounts - maybe to generate revenue from ads?  Read this article here: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/hackers-are-sabotaging-my-spotify-playlists-with-awful-ambient-musi... Very interesting that Spotify can't figure out how to stop this with so many people complaining about it.  I work in IT support and know for a fact that you can run system logs to determine usage by account, device and to see what songs are being played the most, etc.  Maybe they are doing it themselves to generate backdoor revenue which is why they won't address/fix it???

3 Replies

@legoc1 hey there, first off i want to say spotify takes security issues very seriously so I will escalte this message immediately,

secondly, the quickest way to contact spotify directly is via here or @SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter.

Same problem here, any solution?

Exactly my problem including the device indentifier. I've just changed my log in password, and I'll see if that works.

Suggested posts