Someone keeps hacking my account!

Someone keeps hacking my account!

Plan - Spotify Student

Free/Premium - Premium

Country - US

Device

iPhone 6s, MacBook Air

My Question or Issue

This is an ongoing issue. I will be listening to music when it suddenly pauses because someone else is listening on my account. I have NEVER given my spotify information to any family or friends. Months ago, this issue occurred after ALREADY changing my password AND logging out of all of my devices. I went to Spotify support after doing all this and still having the same issue. It seemed to be fixed. But here I am again with the same problem. I can see the music this other person has recently listened to, and it's not mine. So I'm certain someone has been using my Spotify account for months. At this point, I'm so confused and have NO idea what to do to stop this. 

4 Replies

Hey @carlaparillo, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Have a great week 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Exact same thing.  3 password changes and it keeps happening.  No one else has my password and i dont sign on from any devices that are not mine.  

Hey @merritt24,

I’m sorry to hear about this! In this case, I’d recommend checking out this support article for the next steps to take.

To prevent this from happening in the future, there are many measures you can take to protect your account, such as resetting your password every few months, and not using passwords you have used on other sites. There is also a great guide here for some more measures on protecting your account.

If you see an email from Spotify, and can’t tell if it’s legit, use this checklist. Of course, Spotify makes sure that all user records and platforms are completely secure around the clock.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

You can fix this problem by changing your email address.

As a second step, you can change your password.

- Serkan A.

Suggested posts