Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song not available for my account BUT available for accounts in the same region.

Solved!

Song not available for my account BUT available for accounts in the same region.

Plan

Premium duo

Country

Croatia

Operating System

Android and Windows

My Question or Issues

Some of the songs I wanted to add to my playlist were not available  but I tought "I guess they're not  available in my country." That is until I played my playlist on my brother's phone and the same song was available for him! Just to make sure I tried on my mother's phone as well - also available. I checked our country on spotify account page - all in the same one. So why am I the only one  who can't listen to the songs? (Songs in question are Two Moons by BoyWithUke and I Love You So by The Walters). I also tried to clean cache and uninstall spotify app but nothing changed. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I checked on my mother's phone and my pc as well. Songs were still unavailable for my account. But I figured it out. Once I tried to play it on my pc the message appeared saying something like "we can't play this song until you allow it on your phone". So I liked the song on my phone and it became playable, it was that simple. It seems I somehow disliked it accidentally. I wish that the phone app gave you a clue about this or something, because if I'm trying to play the song it would make sense it plays even if I disliked it, right?  Instead it appears in the same way as songs that were actually removed due to licensing issues or something if you have "show unplayable songs" setting turned on. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @Doniii,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you check if the song is available on your account, but on a different device, e.g. your mother's or brother's?

Also check with a different account on your device. How did that went?

Could you post a link to the songs here as well?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Marked as solution

I checked on my mother's phone and my pc as well. Songs were still unavailable for my account. But I figured it out. Once I tried to play it on my pc the message appeared saying something like "we can't play this song until you allow it on your phone". So I liked the song on my phone and it became playable, it was that simple. It seems I somehow disliked it accidentally. I wish that the phone app gave you a clue about this or something, because if I'm trying to play the song it would make sense it plays even if I disliked it, right?  Instead it appears in the same way as songs that were actually removed due to licensing issues or something if you have "show unplayable songs" setting turned on. 

Hey @Doniii,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're super glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again 🙂 

We've checked your profile and it looks like you're new to the Community. Have you checked out our Music Exchange section? You can find song recommendations there!

If you like you can go ahead and introduce yourself in this thread as well 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts