Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs won't play Offline - Premium Subscription

Songs won't play Offline - Premium Subscription

Hi, 

I have been having this problem for a while now, although I have a Premium Subscription, some songs that I have added to my music / playlist will not be available to play offline. This would be okay if it was just a few but it can be up to 30 out of 40 unplayable songs. 

Has anyone had this problem before? 

37 Replies

@Km19920114 - welcome to the community!

Thanks for your input here.

Are you sure you have downloaded this stuff for Offline use. Things can't be used for play without internet, if you never had a chance to download it. You need to put download for offline option to every device. So if you need, also offline stuff in other devices. Here in Finland mobile data plans in some teleoperators, like Elisa, are Unlimited - there is no need to waste a time to download something and it's a job to find even poor 3G area... But in other countries data is almost highly limited, so I know you pain - how to get tracks play in Offline.

Just ensure you click Offline download button on lists or albums in Your Music, so you then will see songs are coming into hard drive. Please note: better way is to download over wifi if you can't use unlimited mobile plans or your wifi is better in SoQ (Service of Quality). Also if you have on list songs that are not available anymore on Spotify, these will not play, even if Offlined 🙂

If you have any questions, I'm really happy to answer and help people!

Thanks for your time.

Thank you!! 

I've tried downloading the songs as you say, theres a small tab on my iPhone which gives me an option for offline use. I'll try that next time! 

Thanks for your help!

I'm glad it helped.

It's a main feature of Premium and it also works abroad - so feel free to listen music on a Airplane, other country etc. As long as you have valid subscription. On free service travelling time is limited only for 14 days.

Several songs in my playlist won't play. I have the spotify premium and use an ipod touch. I have a lot of music that I listen to offline. The problem is certain songs don't play when they are on the list. They show as playing but no sound comes out. I have to go back to the playlist tap the song manually and only then will it play. I teach fitness classes using my spotify playlist so this is annoying. we are in the middle of a workout and the music just stops. I am really frustrated. It seems to be happening more often. Like 5 songs out of every 15 song playlist. Can someone please help? I appreciate any suggestions.

@mgfabc - Are they local files synced over from your desktop Spotify or just content from the Spotify catalogue?

I know it is a real pain, but a re-install of the app is normally a good first troubleshooting step:
http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This stil did not help. I am still having the problem and it is annyoing. 

@mgfabc 

First try reinstalling Spotify.

If you still have trouble,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having similar problems with offline songs. There is an arrow next to it, but it is gray, the downloaded songs have a green arrow. It used to only take a few seconds and the gray arrows turned green, meaning they were offline available. I have a trial version of the Premium, but will not be purchasing a monthly subscription if this is not solved. Thanks to anyone who can help!

My offline songs no longer work on my iphone. When I am in my car I select a song from my offline songs, it will play about half of the song selected and then everytime it starts playing "Girl On Fire" by Alicia Keys (this is from my daughter's playlist which is not for offline use).  

I have Spotify Premium, and I've downloaded about 1 GB worth of music from Spotify onto an external flash drive. And I've successfully played offline songs from my Playlist many times in the past. Yet, this morning even though my Spotify app was connected to my phone many or even most of my songs would not show as having ever been downloaded, nor would they play offline. So, I tried uninstalling Spotify and then reinstalling it. I did this while my Spotify flash drive was not connected. Afterwards, none of my songs would show as having been downloaded, nor would any play offline. This was true despite the fact that my Spotify flash drive was connected to my phone and all my Spotify music presumably was still on it. I have an android phone. And I don't want to spend hours and money for more data to download my songs again. Any ideas?

I have the same problem. Someone can help me?

What a joke app pay 19 bucks to only listen to half a song and stops on every other song in a Playlist give me my money back

I'm very disappointed too. Just bot premium for this feature.

I'm just bought Spotify Premium and now my songs will not play offline

I feel you, it's about every other song for me and I dont have the time to pick out which ones to redownload but I want the songs

So I have had this issue off and on for a long time now. I have a few playlists downloaded to offline mode and sometimes I'll catch spotify re-downloading everything even though its all still downloaded. Sometimes songs randomly "un-download"..? I guess, because songs that were downloaded now show grey. Just today I had about 10 pod casts that I downloaded lastnight and played while offline, not work tonight, but they still showed up under my "download" **bleep**?! Can anyone sort out why this is doing this?

All of my music is downloaded and used to play offline and now all of a sudden does not this is on my laptop and phone. i cant play songs unless i connect to the internet

None of my music will play offline 

@Km19920114 wrote:

Hi, 

I have been having this problem for a while now, although I have a Premium Subscription, some songs that I have added to my music / playlist will not be available to play offline. This would be okay if it was just a few but it can be up to 30 out of 40 unplayable songs. 

Has anyone had this problem before? 

Suggested posts