Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify 30 day free trial not working

Solved!

Spotify 30 day free trial not working

Hi, I signed up on 1st Dec for a free 30 day trial, following an invitation from Spotify to try Premium again for 30 days and entered my credit card details which appeared to be accepted but I still seem to be on Spotify Free.  I have tried logging out and in again, and also reinstalling but it is no different.  I have not received a receipt from you either. The Order No. that I received when completing the form was 288736801011

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@cromwell007 Hey! Looks like a new account was created when you upgraded, and you started the trial on that. Don't worry, I've just cancelled that trial (and subscription) and deleted that account, just to stop any more confusion.

So you don't miss out on anything, I've just added a month of Premium to your 'mjdoyle007' account. If you log out, then back in, you should see it.

Enjoy!

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hello!

What does it say here under "Subscription Status"? 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Thanks for your response.  It says "You are currently using Spotify Free. To get the most out of Spotify, sign up for Spotify Unlimited or Spotify Premium." 

I tried contacting Spotify direct and just received a reply advising me to put my problem on the community pages which was not much help.

Hello!

Reply directly to that email (even if it is a no reply) and you should get a response from them soon 🙂 Also, does it say you are eligible for a trial here?

EDIT: Also, check here also. 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Marked as solution

@cromwell007 Hey! Looks like a new account was created when you upgraded, and you started the trial on that. Don't worry, I've just cancelled that trial (and subscription) and deleted that account, just to stop any more confusion.

So you don't miss out on anything, I've just added a month of Premium to your 'mjdoyle007' account. If you log out, then back in, you should see it.

Enjoy!

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks very much for sorting this out.  It is all now working ok.

I too applied for the free 30 day premium, got a receipt (order no 334877138019) and tried logging in and out again, but my account still says it's a Free account. 

@lorentsg - What username is shown in your receipt email?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Username/ID:    1113480647

That is a Facebook created account, are you logging in using your Facebook details?

Peter

No, I am logging in with my spotify username "lorentsg"

It looks like you have set up your premium subscription on the wrong account in that case. 

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to lend a hand to get it swapped over for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Suggested posts