Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Account registered with Wrong Country and cannot be changed

Spotify Account registered with Wrong Country and cannot be changed

My Spotify Account is registered with the wrong Country and cannot be changed via editing my Profile

I suspect this happened because I first signed up (with a Facebook Login) whilst on vacation in Republic of Ireland.  When I go to edit my Profile and try to change the Country the only selection available is "Ireland" and that is wrong. 

Can you please update my Account and change my Home country to "United Kingdom"?

With thanks

20 Replies

Hi Spotify Admins

Any input on this question please? I cannot use Spotify at all at present

Paul

What country are you trying to change it to @pb_walker ?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter

I an a UK National living in the UK.  I am trying to change the Country to the United Kingdom.  The option does not exist.  The problem is that I cannot use Spotify at all now - Spotify tells me I cannot use the service as I am only allowed to use it for 14 days abroad.  I am not abroad, I am at home in the UK!

See attached screenshot of my Profile

Paul

Capture.JPG

Weird, the fact it is giving you a drop down makes me think it has detected you are in a different country. Is it possible to try in a different browser?

It is also worth double checking your IP address locates to the UK on this page:
http://www.maxmind.com/en/locate_my_ip

Peter

Peter the Browser doesn't make any difference to what the pop menu shows. 

Also the location I am in appears to make no difference.

• When I am at home on a BT Internet connection with a UK IP Address the pop menu shows Ireland.
  • When I am in the office (in Farnborough,UK but all our office Internet traffic goes out of an Internet Gateway in Switzerland) the pop menu also still shows Ireland (obviously I would not be using Spotify like that - this just demonstrates a point)

I am pretty sure the day I first signed up for Spotify we were actually on holiday in Republic of Ireland. I signed up with Facebook Login - I think Spotify have simply registered my Acocunt with my Country set to "Ireland" and I cannot change it.

I need this reset the United Kingdom

Unfortunately swapping countries manually isn't something we can ask the Spotify guys to do for you here on the community, it needs to go through their official channels. 

Quickest way to get in touch with Spotify support is via Twitter: @SpotifyCares and they should be able to swap it over manually for you.

You can also get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand by email.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Thanks for the advice Peter - appreciated

Hey pb_walker

Is everything sorted now?

If you have a case # we're happy to chase it up for you to get you back listening ASAP.

Not sorted yet - Case # 01819869 if you would be so kind!

Thanks

Paul

Thanks Paul.

We've changed it to the UK for you now. Is that better?

(You may need to log out and then back in again for the changes to take place).

That's sorted it - thanks Grace 🙂

Awesome! No worries 🙂

I have the same exact problem. I moved to Germany for a bit where I opened my spotify free account and now I'm back in the United States and would like my account relocated. I cannot do it myself from my profile. I already sent the email to customer service but the case hasn't been resolved yet. Please help. Case number is 01822064.
Best,
Man

@Moregan - Did you get this sorted?

Peter

Grace, I have the same issue my account is configured in US but I live in Argentina, I cannot change the country since my account is linked with Facebook account.

Could you update my account country configuration to Argentina?

Thanks in advance

i have the same problem - account is listed as MX but i live in US

@1293844614 @benzier

Sorry for the late reply.

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi everyone! sorry about my bad english.

I had the same problem. In my case I live in Spain now, but some ip locators place me in France (I suppose that is because my internet provider is Orange, and they are from France)
So, in the profile edition only appeared France like couuntry option, I set France, but the spotify application says that France is not my actual country. Seems that the real problem is that the application searchs the ip in different ways that the web site.

What I did to solve the problem is use the Hola plugin for Chrome, setting Spain in my case. After that, Spain appeared in the options to select the country.

I hope that Spotify checks and fix the ip locating problem.

Bye!

Suggested posts