Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Artist & Regular Account

Solved!

Spotify Artist & Regular Account

Hello. I have a verified Spotify artist account. On the website in my Audience section it shows me "65 followers" when the "All time" is checked. 

However, I was just on the regular Spotify app, and I noticed it appears I may have two accounts? Two different profile photos (artist and then the green photo is the regular). On that account it shows me "860 Followers". 

Does anyone know why it seems to be divided and how to merge into having one account? Seems my fans are following the regular profile. Any help would be great, thank you.

Screenshot_20200409-025418.png
Screenshot_20200409-025337.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @AquariZ,

thanks for reaching out to the Spotify community !

Spotify has stopped merging artist pages with user profiles since the launch of the Spotify for Artists dashboard.

As your artist page is already verified, you have access to your dashboard of listening data.

You're also able to manage your profile’s images, story, and more.

You can always get more info on this Spotify for Artists FAQ's page.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if there's anything else i can help you with 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @AquariZ,

thanks for reaching out to the Spotify community !

Spotify has stopped merging artist pages with user profiles since the launch of the Spotify for Artists dashboard.

As your artist page is already verified, you have access to your dashboard of listening data.

You're also able to manage your profile’s images, story, and more.

You can always get more info on this Spotify for Artists FAQ's page.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if there's anything else i can help you with 🙂

Well that is a bummer. Hopefully in the future they make it an option atleast. Thank you!

Hi, I'm a little confused as well. So the Artist Account and the personal account doesn't merge. So what happens when both accounts have the same email address? 

I'm asking this because I can't set up profile on my personal account. I can manage the Artist Account and that's great, but I want to use the personal account, too.

Hey @Katie七,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Keep in mind that it's not possible to register two Spotify Accounts with the same email address. If you've already set up a personal account, it's likely you did that with another email address. If that's the case, it's a good idea to try out the steps listed in this Spotify Answer. It's for another topic, but the instructions are relevant here as well. 

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you @Mihail !

Okay, so I've tested the account with the methods in the link in the above reply, and found out that I have two personal accounts: one through Facebook and one with the other email. 

I could not edit any of the profile details in neither accounts. 

I further Googled and found an article saying that profile photos can only be uploaded from the downloaded app. I've been using only the browser version and the ios app.

"Edit Profile" button on the desktop app only leads me back to the browser page, in which I can't edit profile. 

I've updated the ios app, and in there, I can edit the profile!

So if anyone is troubled with the profile, maybe there is a clue in my journey. lol

Thanks!

But what is the purpose of having two profiles with different email addresses? I realize there is more functionality on the artist page. (I have both). Where should I send fans? To the regular or artist profile? 

Suggested posts