Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify China - not able to log onto the App/Program

Spotify China - not able to log onto the App/Program

Hello to all of you,

I´ve read many posts/threads about the China Spotify issue problem, it seems like everytime at least the service works with VPN. I am in China until January (close to Shenzhen) . I always use a VPN to go to the internet (Several locations including UK, US, Germany, Canada...). I can log in on the spotify website. But whenever i want to log in to the app (iPhone) or the Laptop/PC it says "service currently not avaiable, please try again later." Well unfortunately it´s never avaiable. 

Any suggestions? ^^

Thank you very much 😉

Spotify.PNG
3 Replies

Hello @lingfb91

The reason why you may not be able to connect to spotify in china may be due to the Internet censorship in china, unfortunately spotify is not available in china and can only be accessed if you have a premium account and "The Great Firewall" doesn't block you 🙂

I hope this helped! 🙂

But i am using a VPN and with this i can use all the other services that are blocked otherwise like google youtube facebook and so on. And as said above i am able to log in on the website, which i cant do when i turn off the VPN. So i´m afraid getting a premium won´t change the problem would it? I actually wanted to buy a premium account but waited to see whether it acutally works in china. Well so far it doesnt.. 😞

@lingfb91

Premium would allow you to save offline and access abroad (on the condition you can actually access spotify) but this is strange issue, I would suggest you try change your VPN see if that maybe fixes it

Suggested posts