Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Family - Different countries

Spotify Family - Different countries

Hello All,

I recently moved to the USA and bought a Spotify Family upgrade. My wife created an account but I couldn't add her because my account was still a german one. I changed the payment method and was able to add her. but we recognized now that all the Songs for our Kids are no longer available. How can we both change the accounts back to a german one without waiting another month? In general I only can change my location but not the one from my wife.

Many thanks for your help!

Christian

4 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

To change your wife's country, you may need a VPN to get a German IP address and then change it in her profile page.

TunnelBear is a good one.

To get a german Family Plan, you'll need to use a German credit card in your account for payment.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the fast reply!

I will try the solution with the VPN.

I already changed the payment method to my german credit card. But I have to wait until next month (next payment) to get the country changed. Is there any other way to speed that up?

I tried to connect with a VPN. It works when I update the profile (it shows Germany but it's grey). But as soon as I get back to the overview it shows US again...

Any ideas?

@user-removed

For your wife's account, you can do it right now with the VPN.

For your account, which is the paying account, your payment card country must match your country in profile, so it have your german payment details, your country should match already.

You could fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify could change the country for you within 24 hrs. That way, you shouldn't have to wait that long. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts