Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Family - Same Address question ?

Solved!

Spotify Family - Same Address question ?

Hey guys,

I would like to subscribe to the spotify family offer.

When I tried to subscribe, I read the following sentence : "You and each of your family (at the same address) you invite will enjoy".

So it means that if I study in a different place that my parents are living in, I can't subscribe to this option ? Even if I can proove that they are my family ..?

Thank you in advance and I apologize for the english mistakes 🙂

Yours sincerely,

Neija

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Neija03,

In your case, this shouldn't be an issue. Just make sure that you and your parents enter the same address in Premium for Family :).

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

75 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Neija03,

In your case, this shouldn't be an issue. Just make sure that you and your parents enter the same address in Premium for Family :).

MaximSpotify Star

Okay thanks for your help @Maxim 😉

See ya !

Hi,

Isn't then possible just to change your address in spotify, so that you and your friends can enjoy a family account, even if you don't live together?!?

Thanks

Hey @jbmp,

To invite someone to a sub-account on your Premium for Family subscription, they must:

• Reside at the same physical address as you.
  • Be a Free user, or a Premium user who purchased their Premium directly from Spotify.
MaximSpotify Star

hello @maxim, how do i check my address? 

my sister got wrong address when he asked to join to spotify premium

Hi there, I'm also facing the same problem since my siblings cannot get through the address part. where can i check my address since i linked with facebook

Hey @KR910 @forzeflatra,

It’s not possible to change the address of an existing plan. If you’ve moved, or if you entered the wrong details, you’ll need to cancel and resubscribe.

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/managing_payments/how-to-cancel-your-subscription/

MaximSpotify Star

I am having the same porblem as I used Facebook connect for login. Facebook does not have my address and my daughters get stuck at the address part of the flow when trying to access the family account. What is the solution?

C'mon Spotiy, this is ridiculous. This wasn't part of the stipulation when I signed up for the family account. Don't you think that people who are family sometimes don't share the same address?

If you ask me it's pretty unintelligible, you offer a discount to family but then say that everyone has to share the same address? Take a note from Netflix or Hulu and just let it be...people are going to share accounts so they can get a better deal. It benefits you and it benefits us.

Hi guys, I have a friend who just sent me a link to subscribe to family spotify but every time I enter the data the system says that the address is correct when it is, and I tried more than 10 times and I do not know What to do, I would appreciate your prompt assistance.

I´m from Peru.

I would be grateful if the replies would send it to riavi**************@gmail.com (starred out for security reasons)

Google Music says that family members have to be in the same country, how come Spotify says they have to be at the same address?
Spotify you need to think this stupid policy again!

I have decided to cancel my Spotify and move over to Google Music. Moving over enable me to include my aging mother-in-law and my mum who is in a nursing home. Neither live with me but I consider them to be in my FAMILY. Both are delighted in how easy it is to use Google Music on their Google Homes. It really has given them the ability to play the music they really love, especially Elvis!

Try logging in on a browser page and edit your post code. I did the same and it's just let me set my new post code up

Hi, is it possible to have the same family plan if I don't live with my parents for most of the year but am still part of the family?

Hi, I tried for my mum and mother in law but it kept coming up with
You can't join this group as you may belong to a different group.
Spotify only knew their email addresses so they must see the different IP address as someone mention on here a while back.
I've had no problems with Google Music Play and it works seamlessly with our Google Homes.
Good luck!

Hey @spotifly1,

No, all members of a Premium for Family plan must reside at the same address as the plan owner. 

MaximSpotify Star

How do they check it? I'm just going to get the people I want on it to chance their postcode on their profile and get them to sign in on my wifi/IP

I'm not sure but every each internet provider gives you your own IP address. Someone mentioned it earlier that Spotify must use the IP address for the account holder to check all family members are using the same IP address. If they aren't using the same then they must be living elsewhere.
However, I could have an IP address from my provider but just say if I had a granny annexed and she decided to use a different internet provider then surely she would have a different IP address to mine. So it's a bit of a farce really as she'll still live in the same house with the same address etc.
What's wrong with having 6 people per account?
All the best.
Chris

Hey there,

There's some more info on Premium for Family here which might help:

Q: How can I change the address on my Premium for Family subscription?
FAQ: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/premium_for_family/how-can-i-change-the-address-on-...

Q: Are there any restrictions to Premium for Family?
FAQ: https://support.spotify.com/ph/account_payment_help/premium_for_family/are-there-any-restrictions-to...

If you have any further questions, or you're struggling to invite a family member to your plan, i'd recommend reaching out to Support:

1. Emailhttps://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

2. Twitterhttps://twitter.com/SpotifyCares

3. Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/SpotifyCares

They can take a look at things backstage.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts