Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Family - Same Address question ?

Solved!

Spotify Family - Same Address question ?

Hey guys,

I would like to subscribe to the spotify family offer.

When I tried to subscribe, I read the following sentence : "You and each of your family (at the same address) you invite will enjoy".

So it means that if I study in a different place that my parents are living in, I can't subscribe to this option ? Even if I can proove that they are my family ..?

Thank you in advance and I apologize for the english mistakes 🙂

Yours sincerely,

Neija

75 Replies

How could spotify know? It's a steaming service, users can listen while mobile. Me or my family can be logged in and listening to Spotify from anywhere with cell data or wifi. My son and daughter live with their mom, as we're divorced. Not an uncommon scenario nowadays. So we're family but can't use the family subscription? Ridiculous.

Hi,

I saw your reply on how to add the same address as your family to join. Our accounts both got cancelled.

Is this still possible?

It still works perfectly fine for me

your 'same address' to participate in 'family' plan must be costing you millions of potential sales.  you need to solve your technical 'accountability' issues in order to limit fraudulant use, and maximize your market share.  in other words.. stop being penny-wise, and pound foolish.  

How the **bleep** do you change your address in the edit profile if my account used for Spotify is my Facebook. My family tried changing to what is currently the set address in my FB but still error keeps popping up in the invite I've sent. WHAT THE **bleep** ARE YOU DOING TO MAKE ME LEAVE FROM SPOTIFY?!

You have to sign in properly without using Facebook. Use a web browser, use the same email as you’ve used to sign in with Facebook and create a proper account. Make sure you all use the same address, country, postcode/zip code. It’s not rocket science

Good luck with this stupid policy. Just cancelled  subscription because of it

I am just going to cancel my spotify and go with google play music with google family members just have to be in the same country.

I'm jumping on this bandwagon too, spotify really needs to stop being so square and give a proper solution for when you want to share accounts with lets say my wife that lives in another country, fortunately I worked on IT and I know how to bypass your stupid "system" checks just hoping for you to start putting things easy on us and stop being just a **bleep**ing money grab service.

I was researching the spotify family plan and came across this thread.  After reading my of the replies here, I want Spotify to know that I will not be upgrading to your family plan.

My daughter is with me part time and with her mom part time.  I wanted to get a family plan for her and myself, but because she will not always be at my physical address, I fear you would close my account for being in violation.

I just wanted Spotify to know that your "family" plan restrictions don't work in 2018 and has cost you sales.

Does spotify expects us to be living in our mom's basements?

I was looking at getting the Family Plan but have reconsidered because of the "same address" rule. I have two daughters at college and if they can't get in on the plan then I will look into other options. They say that Spotify is not making money and I can see why. Sorry Spotify, another potential customer lost...

Same for me.. i was thinking to subscribe this plan with my friends.. but seeing this kind of restriction.. guess i will walk away from spotify now. bye. 

If you do it, before you send out invites, just make sure all of you have the same postcode/zipcode, street address and country. Then send invites to confirm. Don’t create account through Facebook as you won’t have option to change address.

If you do it, before you send out invites, just make sure all of you have the same postcode/zipcode, street address and country. Then send invites to confirm. Don’t create account through Facebook as you won’t have option to change address.

but if my account (or my friends who are already a individual subscriber) has already have alot of play list... can't just unlink the facebook  then lose every records and recreate everything just for the sake of residential address....

this is really a stupid rule... 

Weak man, weak...

I have spotify premium for family (the limited amount of family who still live at the same address). We are moving house, and I'm shocked that in order to change our addresses we need to totally cancel the account and re-subscribe. I have to lose my hard built playlist in order to be honest with you and change my address. What gives??

You also don't give partial refunds, so I'm going to be paying for half a month that we aren't using.  For now I'll just lie and not change our address. I'm investigating other music streaming options in the mean time.

Spotify supprt says:

It’s not possible to change the address registered on an existing Premium for Family plan.

If you move, or enter the wrong details, you need to create a new account (make sure you cancel the plan on your old account beforehand, and sign out everywhere) and subscribe to Premium for Family on that new account.

I’m not sure why you felt the need change something that worked? Sure, you should have the freedom to change your details. There are a lot of faults in the way this is set up, but there are ways around it.

Did this work? So, basically same address as in entered not as in ip address?.. Thank You in advance. 

Suggested posts