Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Family and Region Issues

Spotify Family and Region Issues

Firstly just want to point out I have tried every browser with the link.

Anyway my wife changed her account from US to GB via the billing method as stated on the help pages. However she is linked to the Facebook account and when looking at the profile it still states US even though the billing method is UK.

This may be what is causing the issue. As I have had so many issues in the past with the shoddy Facebook implementation I created my account without the link and was able to change my account to GB. So it is possible that the link is still techincally being created from a US account instead of a GB account.

Is it possible to get her account correctly changed to GB and try again to see if this resolves the issue and if not what else could be the cause? Or is there something else you have to do to change a Facebook linked accounts country?

EDIT: The error when attempting to redeem is:

We are unable to redeem this code. Please try again to make sure you entered it correctly. If you continue to have troubles please contact our customer service team .

1 Reply

Hi there @GluedOnBeard and welcome to the community! Sounds like the system is having trouble recognizing the difference in billing and location...because of this I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support like the message said as well. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts