Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Gift Cards and Taxes?

Solved!

Spotify Gift Cards and Taxes?

In areas of the US where there are taxes for Spotify Premium, which Spotify Gift Card will pay the monthly bill and taxes and fees or is a credit/debit card required to pay taxes on Spotify?  I prefer paying for Spotify with cash!  Are taxes charged at the retail establishment for those extra fees on Spotify gift cards?  I don’t know how this works!

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Android,Apple

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jessicasoccer,

Thanks for your question 🙂

The gift card should cover the number of months of Premium indicated on the card.

With this in mind (and to answer your original question), if you wanted to pay just using gift cards for Premium, you should be able to do that without having to use a recurring payment method.

Do let us know how you get on - we'll be here in case you have any further questions.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there @jessicasoccer,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

You may get charged for tax depends on where you leave and your current location.

In order to have more info on both gift cards and tax, please read this 2 page :

- Gift Cards

- Tax

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Hey there @jessicasoccer

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

As per the T&Cs, you should be able to redeem your gift card for the corresponding number of months of Premium even if there is an additional tax in your region. If you're not able to do so for any reason, let us know and we'll take a closer look at what's happening.

Just as an FYI, we suggest you also keep an eye on your receipts page - here you can spot if taxes have been charged, as they will appear as a separate transaction. 

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

If Spotify charges taxes and fees separate from a Spotify Gift Card, what methods of payment are accepted to pay the taxes and fees? Would that also mean Spotify requires a Credit/Debit card for areas with those fees?
Marked as solution

Hey @jessicasoccer,

Thanks for your question 🙂

The gift card should cover the number of months of Premium indicated on the card.

With this in mind (and to answer your original question), if you wanted to pay just using gift cards for Premium, you should be able to do that without having to use a recurring payment method.

Do let us know how you get on - we'll be here in case you have any further questions.

I bough a spotify gift card and I was charged taxes on the purchase of the gift card itself and I was wondering why I live in quebec where gift card are not taxable 

Suggested posts