Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Hifi

Spotify Hifi

Hi!

Heard about Spotify Hifi. That you are testing this. I would really like to try it out! Since I am a long time faithful customer. Please? 🙂

588 Replies

Fix your **bleep** and give us CD quality already. CD quality tracks???, that should be standard. It doesn't even touch HiFi yet. 

i mean if deezer can do it, so can you spotify

They surely can, but the question is if they want.

Been trying Deezer's lossless today as the beta is free to Deezer premium users, and I'm still one. It's good I have to say 

its gotta be downloaded as an app for pc or mac but not from windows store. again it doesn't have as good a set up as Spotify and won't work on devices

I would love to try Spotify Hi-Fi....I have friends trying to convince me to move to Tidal, but I have loved my experience with Spotify for so long, I would love to be able to get the lossless audio quality! Please invite me to try to Hi-Fi!!!!!

9 MONTHS.....nothing..... why are we all waiting? What are we waiting for? **bleep** poor customer relations do not help.

Got this on main system now and have to admit it. This is the berries. Their catalogue isnt as good but.........hmmm

Its better than Tidal soundwise.

Screenshot (10).png

Hello, can I get the HiFi beta? Thank you in advance.

you can't

Moving to Tidal, seeya spotify. 

as far as i know hifi beta is over.

Spotify you suck just moving over to Deezer Premium + lossless it' 99p a month for the first 3 months and made me realise how bad your pitiful extreme lol 320 is.

Sorry Spotify, Waited for too long. Beginning march 2017 already heard of hifi spotify.

Now I switched over to deezer try out. They have free hifi available now in their desktop app.

Hi spotify fans,

my friend send me this:

'It seems that HiFi quality (lossless or nearly lossless) is able to be streamed from the web player on Chrome.  The only problem is that you won't have the ability to navigate to your desired music easily.  The solution is to do this:  1. Start up Spotify in the web player on chrome.  2.  Start up the Spotify desktop app.  3. Select the "Connect to device" icon at the bottom right (select twice until you see a green bar at the bottom which says "Listening on Spotify web player").  3.  Enjoy your high quality streaming and cancel your Tidal subscription.  (You're welcome.)' quote from user rightrich.

I've been testing this and it is a huge audible difference!

yes it's definately Spotify Hifi testing. Next to the audible difference I have measured the overall transfer rate with wifinetwork counter through multiple tracks. Hereby I can confirm that each track is around 20 mb file size. 

Spotify fans: try this out and enjoy some serious hifi losless music on spotify! It's better than tidal and deezer.

Btw you do need a premium account to activate this beta test.

Works for me, sounds very good 🙂

Acid Pauli - Abbebe (Sainte Vie Remix) 2017-11-21 21-45-31.jpg

Hi,

Is this confirmed lossless streaming from Spotify by using Chrome?

Does this work with Safari as well?

If not - Why?

Its just louder.  The green bar signifies the connect function is on.

It's a secret beta testing mode very few know of. 

It's not just louder. Put in a decent pair of cans in the 3mm headjack and enjoy the difference. Compare with Tidal or Deezer. You couldtn tell the difference in sound quality..

I get the green bit saying you're listening on Web Player (chrome) but when I actually press play on a track it shows as playing but there is no sound. When I click This Web Browser it plays.

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 23.27.23.png

First open chrome spotify and sign in.
2. Open spotify pc app3. Use chrome to play a music fileHifi is now activated.4. Navigate through the music with pc app5. Enjoy upgraded hifi music
You are welcome!

Suggested posts