Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium- American Credit card necessary?

Solved!

Spotify Premium- American Credit card necessary?

Hey. So i'm an international student living in the US. I would like to have spotify premium but the thing is my credit card is from my home country and I don't think I will be getting an American bank account or credit card anytime soon. So i was wondering if i can pay my membership with a foreign credit card? What other solutions do I have if that's not the case?
Thank you 🙂

[Edit: Fixing formatting - Peter]

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey 🙂 

If you have a payment card from another country where Spotify is available, then you can use that to update your country and subscribe like you where living there (you can do that from this page). 

Alternatively in the US you can also purchase gift cards from a number of high street retailors with any payment method and redeem those against your account. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey 🙂 

If you have a payment card from another country where Spotify is available, then you can use that to update your country and subscribe like you where living there (you can do that from this page). 

Alternatively in the US you can also purchase gift cards from a number of high street retailors with any payment method and redeem those against your account. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts