Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Student...double account? Help!!

Spotify Student...double account? Help!!

My boyfriend used my student credentials to get the student premium rate while I was also using the student premium rate with my student credentials. Well, I did not know about this until it kicked me off and started charging me $10.00 and was still only charging him $5.00. I just had him end his subscription a few moments ago so that I could try and re-sign up for the student rate. When I tried, it just kept sayinfg that my "student credentials are associated with another account"....So I wonder if it will go back to normal in a few days or if I have to try and create a new account? I really don't kbow what to do! Help please!!!!

1 Reply

Your email address may have been flagged if it was used on multiple accounts, I'm not really sure what Spotify's policy is on that. 

I would recommend going through this form to contact Spotify directly. Go through "Subscription", then hit "I have a question about the student discount", then click "I still need help". This will bring you to a prompt where you should say something along the lines of:

I had the student discount associated my my account (account name here, like email associated) and the email address associated to make me eligble for the student discount was (enter .edu or other address here). My boyfriend used my college email address to try and give himself the discount as well on his account (enter account name here, like email associated) without my permission, and it voided the student discount on my account. My boyfriend has since ended his subscription, but I am unable to sign up for the student rate again using my college credentials for my own account.

Let us know how it goes!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts