Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify direct debit from an international account(blocked), Causing issues- playlists deleted

Spotify direct debit from an international account(blocked), Causing issues- playlists deleted

Each month Spotify attempts to direct debit from an international account(blocked) and tries from a local account which it is able to debit.  The failure of their first attempt caused playlists to be removed and other adverse affects.  I will not open my CC for international payments for security reasons and also believe that Australian accounts should be debited from Austraila, rather than Spotify shipping the money off shore to aviod taxes. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Austraila

Device

Affects Andriod 

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

How can my account be updated to that the payments are taken from within Australia  , rather than me having to receive messages from my bank that international payment has been refused and the subsequent bad affects to my account such as play lists deleted from devices 

1 Reply

Hey @Easyauslife,

Thanks for reaching out! We're glad to have you on the Community.

We at Spotify value your music collection and know how much it can mean to you. That's why we've made it so that no matter what subscription changes a user makes their songs and playlists should remain intact. This is true also for all cases when an account reverts from Premium to Free.

If your playlists are getting removed you can restore them here. We also highly recommend that you secure your account by doing the steps outlined on this page. If the issue persists you can reach out to our Customer Support and they'll be glad to help you further. You can contact them using this link

If you wish to avoid the international payments via your credit card to Spotify perhaps a different payment method would be a good solution for you - for example PayPal or via gift cards with Premium codes from your local vendors 🙂 You can check a complete list of all available payment methods in your country by following these instructions.

Keep us posted if there is anything else we can help with. Have an awesome day! 

Suggested posts