Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Pc

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

For several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. This has been going on for far too long for it to be a problem on my end as I have changed my devices, settings, and other things to try and fix it. I have reinstalled Spotify and my OS but nothing helps. I also see no friends through my Facebook integration even after disconnecting and reconnecting my Facebook profile multiple times. All my settings are the same as my friends and he can see his friend activity but I can't. I already posted about this problem once, and was told it would fix itself but that was months ago. This is very infuriating as it has been going for so long.

spotifyhelp.png
spotifyhelp2.png
Top Answer
Loneliest_Cabin
Spotify

We have seen the reports of people saying Friend Feed is not working for them, and we are happy to investigate specific cases, because as far as we are aware, there are no issues with Friend Feed working.

Firstly, it’s important to restate that ALL users had “Share my listening activity on Spotify” turned off as default - so users you followed and saw in your Friend Feed in the past, will no longer show in your Friend Feed, UNLESS they turned “Share my listening activity on Spotify” back on. 

Also worth noting that you don’t need Facebook set up for Friend Feed to work.

Having said that, all of the below must be true for users to show in your Friend Feed:

• You must be following the friend whose activity you want to see.
  • The friend must have enabled the setting to publish their activity:
    • Share my listening activity on Spotify - toggled on.
  • The friend must have played more than 30 seconds of a track on iOS, Android or Desktop in the last 7 days.
  • This can’t be in a Private Session.
  • Also you should both have restarted the App at some point recently.

If all of this is true for you and your friend and they don’t show up in your Friend Feed, then:

• We need you, and the friend you are following, to post here saying you give us permission to check your accounts.
  • We need explicit written permission from both of you.
  • We can't test this with one person's username and permission.  
  • It’s enough to post here, we can find your username based on your Community profile. 

Once we have this we can do some checking. Thanks all.

958 Replies

Please check my spotify account, I'm having the same problem. Thank you in advance 🙂

i have already deleted and downloaded the app, and already tried to log out

Hello I can´t see my friends activity, only a few friends.

I am having the same problem

Bilgisayar üzerinden uygulamayı sildim , yeniden yükledim , oturumu kapatıp tekrar açtım , kısacası her şeyi denediğimi düşünüyorum ama yine de arkadaş etkinliğimi göremiyorum. Onlar beni görebiliyor ama ben onları göremiyorum. Gizli oturum açık değil onları da kontrol ettim.

Hello Spotify friends, I would like my account to be reviewed to fix the same issue that everyone is experiencing. In my case, for about 2 years now, I have been unable to see the activity of my friends on Spotify. I have tried updating Spotify, my operating system is up to date, and I have, of course, enabled the options to share what I'm listening to and see what my friends are listening to. However, I still can't see anything. Could you help me investigate what's happening with my account? 

Captura.JPG

Hey @cpalacios9,

Welcome to the thread 🙂

In order for us to check things for you, we'd need the following stuff to happen:

1. We need both you and a friend you are following to post here saying you give us permission to check your accounts.
  2. We need explicit written permission from both of you.
  3. We can't test this with one person's username and permission.  
  4. It’s enough to post here, we can find your username based on your Community profile. 

For more info regarding this, please refer to the post from @Loneliest_Cabin's floated above.

Many thanks!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Merhaba , 5 gün önce dinleme aktivitemi kapattım ama arkadaş etkinliğinden ismim bir türlü kaybolmuyor ne müşteri temsilcisi ne üst ekip çözemedi 5 gündür oyalıyorlar bu durumu yaşayan var mı aranız da?

24 saate isminiz kaybolur dendi ama asla kaybolmuyor 5 gün önce dinlediğim şarkıyla görünüyorum 

(10 kişi takip ediyorsanız hepsini değil bazen daha azını görürsünüz çünkü bu insanların dinleme aktivitesi kapalı ve arkadaş etkinliğinde doğal olarak gözükmüyorlar benimde gözükmemem lazım ama gözüküyorum)

Hey @ilkimm,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

This type of issue with the Friends feed is commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device. In this case, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article.

If the issue persists, it would be great if you could share a screenshot where we can see the issue you're mentioning.

Lastly, include in your next response the make, model, and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,
Thanks for your reply 
İPhone 7- Spotify  8.8.90.593
HP stream x360 - Spotify  1.2.25.1011.g0348b2ea
TCL- NXTPAPER 10s / model 9081X - Spotify 8.8.90.893

I had previously deleted it from my phone and uninstalled the app by deleting app data from my computer.

i turned off my listening activity 1 week ago . screenshot about my problem:
(I couldn't get the new screenshot from my friend, but right now it says 1 week next to it)
14E56557-C471-4E7E-8ADA-2E0003E40C94.jpeg

Hi, I wanted to update status. I deleted the application from my computer, tablet and phone as in the link you posted. I just only restored it to my phone. What should I do right now? I haven't started listened yet. I am waiting for the return from you. Thanks

Hello saviors. Can you please take a look at my account? Having this issue for almost 2 years now

This is so ridiculous. Spotify is really going to get written permission from every single person having this issue (+ their friends!)?? This is a bug, just acknowledge that and fix it please. 

Hey I'm having this issue for more than 2 years. My friends are able to see my activity but I can't see theirs. I attached a friend's screenshot where you can see my activities profile and the other screenshot is mine. Even I have the activity's friends bottom active, but I can not see anyone of them. I authorize you guys to review my account. Thank you.

WhatsApp-Image-2023-12-18-at-7.58.18-PM.png
WhatsApp-Image-2023-12-18-at-8.03.50-PM.png

I'm poisonlic friend and I authorize you to review my account thank you.

All it tells me to do is to enable my "Share my listening activity on Spotify" and I do have it enabled. I have close and opened the app. As well as deleting it and reinstalling it. I also connected my Facebook but nothing seems to work.

I've tried this and it doesn't work.

MRW419_0-1704044051214.png

It has been months and spotify hasn’t done anything about my problem with the friends not showing up. I’m very disappointed 

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Multiple (Desktop PC, Macbook Pro 2021)

Operating System

(Windows 10, MacOS 13.6.2)

My Question or Issue

My Friend Activity panel has been stuck on the "Go to Settings" screen.

OnfireNFS_0-1704315775976.png

It originally worked and I had Facebook connected to my account. When I turned off  "Facebook Data" in Privacy settings on my account settings on the web, I didn't realize this would stop Friend Activity from working. I turned it back on but the Friend Activity in my app still shows "Go to Settings"

OnfireNFS_2-1704315973952.png

When I try linking my Facebook account using the "Connect with Facebook" button I am able to login but the Friend Activity panel still doesn't update and when I restart the Spotify desktop app the Facebook login button in settings reverts to "Connect with Facebook". I have also always had "Share my listening activity on Spotify" enabled so it is weird the Friend Activity panel says to go to settings to enable it.

OnfireNFS_3-1704316055627.png

I got the same issue here since a about a year now. I did all the advices shown in this threat but nothing seems to work for me. Asked my friends if they enabled it and it still doesnt show a thing366f295a47a6894211931a34dc90060a.png

Suggested posts