Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify says that I don't have account. But I have!

Solved!

Spotify says that I don't have account. But I have!

Plan

Free

Country

USA.

Device

Xiaomi Mi 5S plus

Operating System

MIUI 10

I've got my account through phone application with name {snip - Community Moderator edit} . All was fun, but I wanted more. So, day ago I tried to get the application for Windows 10. I tried to log in, but it said, that I had written wrong login or password. "Ok", I thought, "I can reset my password". So, I tried to reset it, but it said me that such username is not associated with an active Spotify account. "Ok, maybe I forgot my username. I should look for it in the android application, where I'm logged in". And what do you think? I logged there in as SeresHotes. I have no idea, what's going on. Do you know how to fix it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @SeresHotes25,

Can you please confirm if "SeresHotes" is your display name (the one you enter "What should we call you?" box upon creating your account) or username?

If the name you provided is your display name, keep in mind that it's not possible to log in using it, you'll have to enter your email instead.

Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi!

Thank you very much! I realized that I am not sure, is it my username or just name. So I needed to find another way to log in.

I had registered through Android app, so I was logged in only in it. I tried to look for something, that would tell me my email, that I had used to register. But this app is very resricted, thus I couldn't be able to find anything. 

You could think, that it's over, but I decided to take desperate measures. I signed up on Facebook, and attached it to spotify account, so I could enter account through browser. And in account settings I found the problem, why I couldn't log in. I wrote an extra letter in my email address. I changed it and my life became great.

Thank you! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @SeresHotes25,

Can you please confirm if "SeresHotes" is your display name (the one you enter "What should we call you?" box upon creating your account) or username?

If the name you provided is your display name, keep in mind that it's not possible to log in using it, you'll have to enter your email instead.

Thanks 🙂

Marked as solution

Hi!

Thank you very much! I realized that I am not sure, is it my username or just name. So I needed to find another way to log in.

I had registered through Android app, so I was logged in only in it. I tried to look for something, that would tell me my email, that I had used to register. But this app is very resricted, thus I couldn't be able to find anything. 

You could think, that it's over, but I decided to take desperate measures. I signed up on Facebook, and attached it to spotify account, so I could enter account through browser. And in account settings I found the problem, why I couldn't log in. I wrote an extra letter in my email address. I changed it and my life became great.

Thank you! 

Hi @SeresHotes25,

Glad to hear you found a way to fix your problem! If you have more questions, let me know.

Have a great day 😉

Suggested posts