Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't let me upgrade...

Solved!

Spotify won't let me upgrade...

I want to upgrade from free to unlimited but the site won't let me, I've tried on two different browsers and same problem on both...

Firefox comes up with the following message on the page where I think I'm supposed to enter my card details

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to secure.payment.netgiro.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

secure.payment.netgiro.com uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate expired on 26/04/2013 08:25. The current time is 26/04/2013 09:12.
(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

Just take my money so I stop having to listen to ad's please!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

We've just been given the all clear. Should be fixed.

Can you all try again? If you're still having trouble, please let us know.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

22 Replies

I'm having the same issue - please sort it.

Hey there and very warm welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂

Thanks for your question.

Can you try this with another browser? If still problems, let me know!

If any problems with Spotify in future, just come back and let me know. I will help you.

Greetings,
Jyri

I can´t as well!

In firefox I get

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to secure.payment.netgiro.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

secure.payment.netgiro.com uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate expired on 26/04/2013 08:25. The current time is 26/04/2013 09:12.
(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

and in Chrome I get

The webpage at https://secure.payment.netgiro.com/pay/?creq=BAAAAAQAAAAOBwsxSPg7UqXb5HuR7Z8FPD80Y5xkbCDAubG6tBETDVA... might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Help!

Hey there and thanks for your comment 🙂

Do not worry. I can help you with this issue.

I escalated this to Spotify! Watch this space for more updates.

Greetings,
Jyri

Thanks hpguru!

Hi guys,

We're currently having a bit of trouble with the website. It should just be this page that's being difficult.

Our guys are on it and it should be resolved shortly. I'm sorry about the inconvenience.

I'll let you know when it's fixed.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

LoL, I'm just having this trouble also, and then I go into the fourms looking for others with the same problem. Within seconds I find people reporting the same problem, whoohooo! Then I look at the timestamp: "2 minutues ago."

oh, well then, f me......

edit: one of my response error was reporting somethghing about certificate being out of date by like 25 minutes. 501 error I think.

Marked as solution

We've just been given the all clear. Should be fixed.

Can you all try again? If you're still having trouble, please let us know.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

All fixed for me, thanks 🙂

It works for me!

Thanks!

Good work guys!!!

Hey there and thanks for your nice message.

Nice to hear that problem is solved for you very fast and in time.

If any problems in future, just come back and tell to me. I'm here to help you at any time.

Greetings,
Jyri

Looks good on my front as well! Thanks for the timely response. 10/10 A+++++ Would do business with again!

A good start/first impression to working with support from Spotify

Having problems as well,  basically the subscription page is blank, have tried two different computers but not browsers,  sometimes I get directed to a page that says bad gateway 502 or something like that,  thanks

memphis - This is due to a little website issue we're having. Keep an eye on the thread here for updates: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/The-subscription-page-says-Bad-Gatew...
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I've been trying to do this all day today - May 31 - - is there a problem again?  I click on upgrade - I get nothing.  Almost as if the link is broken.....

I've tried with Firefox and with Chrome.

Hey there, what link are you using to get to the upgrade page? What happens if you click on Premium on this page?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Spotify will not let me upgrade to regular premium or the student discount premium even though it verified my eligibility. I have tried countless times and it says something went wrong. It is not my card or my computer I've tried it on more than 1 device and the same message appears. 

@l525 - If you are still having issues, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts