Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starting an account for a non-profit organization's social media

Starting an account for a non-profit organization's social media

If an organization wants to have playlists to post on their Facebook account, and play at events, to represent themselves, what all accounts would the organization be allowed to use, legally? Also, would it be okay/legal for one member to use his or her account to post a playlist on the organization's Facebook homepage? What about events, if it's to raise money for the non-profit organization? Would it make a difference if the organization was selling items or food, as part of raising that money? It still would not be for profit, just to clarify.

Follow me

6 Replies

Hey :),

Whenever i'm alone to whenever i'm with a group of friends or even a party i use spotify. I don't see how this would be different. As this is completely non profit, you could bassicly call your event a party thus making it completely legal to spotfy playlists and even advertise it. However, i would reccomend posting some caption with the playlist along the lines of "Playlist courtesy of Spotify"

Let me know if you have any further inquiries. 

Hey @MadmanOnWheels,

As laid out in our Terms and Conditions, Spotify is for personal entertainment only and not for commercial use. This means it can’t be broadcasted or played publicly from a business, such as radio stations, bars, restaurants, stores, dance studios, etc.

We suggest you check out this page for more help with your query, and what the best solution is for your. We do understand that your case is a somewhat exceptional one, but they'll be able to help you out. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

I run a non profit baroque orchestra. We release our recordings on Spotify. We are setting up a Spotify Artists page. But the question is, can we have a Spotify account under our nonprofits name at no cost or discounted cost to the non-profit? The playlists we want to create would be used for educational purposes and serve our community, children, and audiences, not for monetary gain. 

Hey there @NonprofitQ

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

We suggest you get in touch with our team at Spotify for Artists. These folks specialize in queries submitted to Spotify by artists and content creators. They’ll be able to help you more specifically with the issue you’re addressing. 

You can reach out to them here.    

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

What if your organization is a public non-profit. For example, we're a state park and our friends group would love  to play music at free community events, or during educational programs. This isn't quite a business, and we're non-profit.

Hi there @Naturalee,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We recommend checking out this page for more info on how to to use Spotify in these type of events. If you have any additional questions, you can contact the team in charge and they'll give a hand. 

If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts