Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stop users on same wifi network sending to devices

Stop users on same wifi network sending to devices

Whilst listening at work - someone else on the same wifi network, listening on desktop, sent the music they were listening to my phone

How can I stop this from happening?

I have a similar issue on my home wifi - under devices it shows a device that is not mine and I want to remove the risk that I might accidentally send my music to another device on the wifi network 

Many thanks in advance

3 Replies

Hey @bookwormboy,

Could you let us know if this only happens when you're using a shared WiFi network?

Just to be safe, we'd recommend heading here and clicking "Sign Out Everywhere". We'd also recommend changing your password to something super secure 🙂

/L 

It has nothing to do with people on the same account it's with people on the same wifi. Why is that so difficult for you guys to understand. We as the consumers don't want to display our speakers in the open for others to control or accidently click on someone else speaker just cause we're on the same wifi. It's like taking money out of my account just cause we're at the same bank. Spotify is privacy too much to ask for? 

I just had the option to play my music to a stranger's speakers because we were both on the airport WiFi. It's crazy that this is an option, let alone the default, let alone that you can't turn it off!

Suggested posts